MCAT Study/Comments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saxifoneforgod

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used the new MCAT Premier Program 2007 edition from Kaplan. If so, have you found it to actually increase your score?

Also, from those who have taken the MCAT, what is the worst part about it, the subject matter or the length?

Members don't see this ad.

I took 2 Kaplan courses (the second b/c I wanted the updated online testing material), but I'm not sure if it was the Premier Pgrm?
I liked having the structure of the tests (topicals and section tests mainly), as well as the way you can track your progress in numerous areas.
As far as the difficulty of the exam, what can I say. Understanding/learning the content of the material is not even half the battle; even a student with a 4.0 in sciences couldn't succeed to his/her potential if practicing wasn't implemented into the game plan. Being able to think critically, glancing once at a passage and knowing how to choose the right answer (and also, when you are taking practice tests, knowing WHY the wrong answers are just that... WRONG), and not getting bogged down by irrelevant details is the key to success. Much easier said than done. I studied for months and months, and poured my heart and soul into it, and still didn't feel comfortable with what I accomplished; but that's why we are who we are... pre-med heads don't know how to settle for anything less than the best, right?
Still impatiently awaiting my scores, so I'm very much a cynic towards this test at this point, so please excuse any frustration you may detect in my reply!
buena suerte!!