MCAT study help/schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Murse2DO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm getting ready to start studying for a Jan/Feb test date. I have all of the Kaplan review materials as well as TPR review materials. All materials are from previous times I have taken the classes. I also have EK 1001 MCAT questions workbook. I do plan on taking one of the courses through Kaplan or TPR (undecided yet), but wanted advice on how I should start studying in the meantime. Does anyone have a good schedule I can go off of. Also, it's been a few years since I have had any chemistry or physics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!

I'm getting ready to start studying for a Jan/Feb test date. I have all of the Kaplan review materials as well as TPR review materials. All materials are from previous times I have taken the classes. I also have EK 1001 MCAT questions workbook. I do plan on taking one of the courses through Kaplan or TPR (undecided yet), but wanted advice on how I should start studying in the meantime. Does anyone have a good schedule I can go off of. Also, it's been a few years since I have had any chemistry or physics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

SN2ed has a very good schedule in the sticky thread area. It is called a three month study schedule or something like that and he also has a 4 month variation which might be a better option for you since you have long time until your exam.

Thanks for the info guys. I did get a chance to read through it and it is wonderful information. Do you think it matters that the schedule is based on different material than what I have? Or is it a good schedule to go off of? Thanks again for all the help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info guys. I did get a chance to read through it and it is wonderful information. Do you think it matters that the schedule is based on different material than what I have? Or is it a good schedule to go off of? Thanks again for all the help.

I think you can manipulate the schedule and use the books you think are best for you. However, the books that he listed are usually the ideal books for most people. For me, while I didn't even use his schedule which I think is a great schedule, I used EK solely for content review but that is because I just took my science courses recently and remember most of the information so I needed a quick light review which is what EK is for. BR books are for people who need more details because they took the courses long time ago or can't remember or for people who are just interested in more details. BR has great books but I didn't have time to read them. Their science passages are amazing!!!! Make sure you practice those before your test. Also get your hands on EK verbal 101 and TPRH verbal workbook; those are the only non-aamc verbal books that are reliable.