MCAT study - how much detail to remember?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BackupPlan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm studying hard for the MCAT using the Kaplan big thick book (I forget what it's called.) I'm having no trouble with the concepts - for instance, cellular respiration - but I do have trouble remembering the little tiny details. For example, while the concepts behind cellular respiration are very clear in my mind, I don't know the names of the three complexes involved in the electron transport chain. Stuff like that. I understand what's happening and why, but when it comes down to the substance names and other details, I struggle.

To those who have taken the MCAT before, is it more concept-based than tiny-detail-based? I'm guessing that it's more concept-based, but a knowledge of some of the tiny details won't hurt.

Members don't see this ad.

Its more concept based. Plus, recalling details when given multiple choice is easier than remembering them.

Er, yeah. :) I guess it was kind of a dumb question. I forgot that there can't be any questions where we have to write in an answer. Ooops.

I had been real worried that I'll need to know every highlighted term in the Kaplan book. You've made my studying 100% easier.

Thanks!

No, no, no :) Don't let me make your studying 100% easier. Go ahead and study like you need to know every term. That will only help you when you don't get information from the passage (which happens--I've answered stuff based on facts I know when I was able to get it from the passage quick enough even though it was there).

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds great. Since you owe me, if things don't turn out the way I'd like them to on my MCAT I'll always remember I have a BackupPlan to getting good scores :D