MCAT study organization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hokiemon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how people organized their materials while studying. I've heard plenty about the prep material and classes but what about how you go about keeping notes with what you're learning, what you need to cover in detail, and what you're having a hard time with. Do you keep a notebook, flashcards, binder, write in the books?

Would anyone mind sharing how they go about keeping all the material organized so its accessible and easy to look up again?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I wrote notes on computer. Before every full length I would go through the Kaplan formula sheets (I have never seen TPRs but I like Kaplan's.. I only needed to add in a few formulas of my own) to make sure I knew what was going on.

I kept my flashcards in a box. Umm...

Oh yeah, I did have one computer document that put together some of the notes, as well as new stuff, based on what I struggled with. Like I would have all the hormones listed there, formulas I often screwed up, etc.

For what you need to cover in detail, you'll learn that from taking full lengths. Just study what you missed out and if you do enough full lengths, that should about cover it all.