MCAT STUDY PROJECT, Songs, Music

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DCell

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently compiling information from all MCAT study areas into music videos as not just a way to study but also as a way to help others grasp the information. It's going to take forever for me to do alone so I'm asking anyone interested to join the project. Respond, send me a message.

Here are some reasons why you might want to do it:
1. It's fun and the songs we make will help ourselves and others easily retain the necessary information so that it becomes accessible to more people.
2. We've been studying this stuff since sixth grade, we made good grades but the information never stuck, but you remember songs you learned in third grade. Songs stick in your head.
3. Repetition is the key to memory. Songs repeat themselves in your head automatically.
4. We will share ownership of the final products so it could potentially become a money making venture.

Here is a proposed way of proceeding:
1. Read the study text and mark all important information.
2. Compile the information and study images and create a song containing the information. The song in any style will contain the information, not a song about the information. Think the song Fifty Nifty United States with all the states in alphabetical order.
3. Compile a powerpoint containing the the lyrics and teaching images.
4. Record the song and accompanying powerpoint video in one video file. You can easily do this by performing the song while pointing a camera phone to your powerpoint presentation.
5. We will post the results on the web.

We are going for catchy but information packed songs of normal length so it will be useful to perform the lyrics at a rapid pace.

Anyone interested in contributing in any way, send me a message or respond to this thread. I will be setting up a framework to make contributing easy as cake. No one will have to do all the work and we can all get the benefits of the finished project.

Members don't see this ad.