MCAT study question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DoctorWannaBe, Nov 27, 2002.

1. DoctorWannaBe

DoctorWannaBe Senior Member

Attending Physician
    I took almost all the prerequisites for med school and got A's in them. The problem is that I did not have good teachers for many of those classes. Will it be impossible to learn/relearn this material from an MCAT study book? Does anyone have a recommendation on a study book/method they like (Kaplan, etc.)?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Angeliqua

Angeliqua Senior Member

Medical Student
    take a look at the MCAT discussions forum, you will find all that you ever wanted to know...and more!

If you got A's in these courses I am sure that you had a fairly good understanding of the material regardless of the quality of your teachers. Any review book will certainly "remind" you of what you already know and provide a basis for studying. I used the princeton review books, they are very comprehensive with few mistakes. Although they tend to skip over what "you don't need to know" for the MCAT. I find that I understand concepts better if I know a bit more than is needed. To remedy the lack of "total" info found in these books I went back to my textbooks to clear things up and expand my knowlege, basically so that I felt comfortable attacking a problem that at first glance looks challenging, but really isn't! You will feel more confident this way...at least I did.

Good luck and check out the MCAT forum!