MCAT study question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorWannaBe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just went to a used bookstore and got some MCAT review books that were in the 2002 Princeton Review courses. Would they be a good study tool if I?m not planning on taking a course? Does it matter that they are from 2002 if I am taking the MCAT this April? I paid $30 total for the Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Writing/Verbal books. Is this a good deal?

Also, how does Princeton Review compare to Kaplan books or another MCAT study guide?

Thanks

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe
I just went to a used bookstore and got some MCAT review books that were in the 2002 Princeton Review courses. Would they be a good study tool if I?m not planning on taking a course? Does it matter that they are from 2002 if I am taking the MCAT this April? I paid $30 total for the Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Writing/Verbal books. Is this a good deal?

Also, how does Princeton Review compare to Kaplan books or another MCAT study guide?

Thanks

:)

Your books are probably only missing a couple genetics concepts that you could likely review from your college textbooks/Internet web pages. Many people use old study books and do just fine. I think you got a pretty good deal. All the review books are more or less the same, its your effort that counts. PR, Kaplan, and Examkrackers seem to be the "big names".

I think the PR materials are really good. In comparison to others, I thought the PR verbal was harder than Kaplan and also more like the actual test. The PR science prep seems less convoluted than the Kaplan (I'd say it was more simple, but I don't want to give the impression that PR science doesn't work, cause it does). I have no experience with examrackers, so I can't compare there. Get some of the AAMC practice tests too, that will give you a good feel for what is on the real thing. I think $30 for the PR books is a good deal, especially if you can do it without taking the course, you just saved over a thousand dollars!!