MCAT studying diary Exam 8/2/2013. Journey to a 45? ha?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onedirection

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have made public accountability stuff in the past in order to get things done and keep up with what I have to do

Anyway I'm going to graduate 2014 from College. I have taken nearly all of the pre-med requirements. I only became recently interested in medicine and basically crammed 7 pre-med classes into the past 3 semesters I had. That was not fun...needless to say I only did alright in my classes. I'm a social sciences major. I think talent/intelligence wise I might be a bit better than what's normal? Memory wise, I might be a bit worse than what's normal?

I'm going to post daily what I'm doing. Obviously the goal is to get to the 45

Took my first diagnostic, kind of took it spur of the moment on some Saturday morning, it was given by Examkrackers. I had gone out the previous night and it was early. Got something like a 20 on it. From that point forward I knew I had some work cut out for me. Honestly the exam frustrated me and I found myself walking out partway through biology

Overall Goal: Go big or go home. 45!! (15/15/15)

Tests taken so far
05/01/2013 Diagnostic Exam Krackers: 20: 6/9/5
Started Studying: 5/8/2013
6/07/2013 AAMC 3 Composite: 31: 10/11/10
6/17/2013 Princeton Review Hyperlearning Practice test: Composoite: 33 12/12/11

Other AAMC Scores: 37/39/36

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
But actually though. Show the scores (or are you Photoshopping them right now??). If they are what you said they were, that is the best thing to shut me up if you have been ticked off by me at any point. (And I've been trying really hard, so don't disappoint me now. :oops:)

when I first read this post, I thought you were saying he should show the scores to his SA's. But you're talking about the scores on the e-MCAT page, which would have been displayed if one direction had given a wider snap shot. That's fair to say actually. Ideally the picture should have shown the scores as well, since the point in posting it was to build credibility. I do find it a tad bit curious how the picture is cropped right after the "a" in "Raw Score." The displayed scores occur immediately to the right of the "a." So if one were to take a snap shot with the intent of hiding the score, the picture should be cropped precisely where one direction cropped his. Could have been a mere coincidence, though.

Last edited:
when I first read this post, I thought you were saying he should show the scores to his SA's. But you're talking about the scores on the e-MCAT page, which would have been displayed if one direction had given a wider snap shot. That's fair to say actually. Ideally the picture should have shown the scores as well, since the point in posting it was to build credibility.

I meant both, actually. To show his SAs were really 80s/80s/70s and his FLs as well. If AAMC 11 was really 36 with those SA scores, that's not only credible, but impressive.

Sorry I was posting my actual scores with pictures before,

such as

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=1010903

but I realized how douchy it was was looking compared to just typing what I have. I took it on myself to only post a picture of whatever I get on the real MCAT

Also side note, does anybody not realize that the thread title was a joke...I even put a "ha" in there. obviously my goal is going to be a 45 and I won't be changing that

Members don't see this ad :)
Reading the dictionary is a viable VR strategy, so dont knock it until you try it. Also, I would not like to offend ******s, the affliction is unfortunate and I would not like to add to their struggle. With that being said, that is not Cognitive Dissonance. The term for that would be Hypocriticism, again refer to a dictionary. Secondly, it wouldnt even qualify as hypocriticism because you are on her trying to belittle fellow SDNers, while I am here defending. I am sure many people would be in accord that protecting someone is better that harming. I mean, that is pretty much a virtue of a doctor right? Is that not also what you are trying to become? I just dont like it when people bash on eachother for no reason. Onedirection did nothing to you did he? If he has, then I withdraw everything I have said, but for the most part you arent really accomplishing anything by being harmful.

Also side note, does anybody not realize that the thread title was a joke...I even put a "ha" in there. obviously my goal is going to be a 45 and I won't be changing that
Your avatar looks very douchey, and the title of the thread is probably a little dochey as well due to the question mark after the "ha." LOL. I think that's why some are rubbed the wrong way by you.

such as

but I realized how douchy it was was looking compared to just typing what I have. I took it on myself to only post a picture of whatever I get on the real MCAT

I think many would agree it is more douchey to post that than practice scores when more than one person has been clamoring for it.

Reading the dictionary is a viable VR strategy, so dont knock it until you try it. Also, I would not like to offend ******s, the affliction is unfortunate and I would not like to add to their struggle. With that being said, that is not Cognitive Dissonance. The term for that would be Hypocriticism, again refer to a dictionary. Secondly, it wouldnt even qualify as hypocriticism because you are on her trying to belittle fellow SDNers, while I am here defending. I am sure many people would be in accord that protecting someone is better that harming. I mean, that is pretty much a virtue of a doctor right? Is that not also what you are trying to become? I just dont like it when people bash on eachother for no reason. Onedirection did nothing to you did he? If he has, then I withdraw everything I have said, but for the most part you arent really accomplishing anything by being harmful.

He has given off the bad vibe of "I'm a bragger dude." The SDN community shouldn't let that off kindly, for the important reasons I have stated numerous times beforehand. But you may disagree with my methods. Each to his own.

such as

It obviously wasn't that obvious to the people that were viewing this thread. If you're going to do accountability, you should make it accurate and not fluff up the details because even though it technically isn't lying, it could be misleading. How did you know which R problems weren't on the cbt? How come you didn't list all the practice scores you took? gs, tpr d? avg of only 2 out of 5 tests that you took? getting 85, but saying you scored high 90's. Did you retake aamc11? Any other "adjustments" that we should be aware of? For example, you could start doing an fl and think the verbal isn't representative. If you decide to sub in a section from ek without saying so, that's misleading.

The 3 SAs and aamc 11 thing might not be a lie because those SA scores are doable if done in a normal amount of time. Maybe he considered starting at 1am day 1 and finishing at 5am on day 2.

If you want this thread to be helpful, please leave out all the junk (thank you for not adding more non-mcat related links) and tiny changes that make yourself feel better. Some parts of it are definitely useful,

It obviously wasn't that obvious to the people that were viewing this thread. If you're going to do accountability, you should make it accurate and not fluff up the details because even though it technically isn't lying, it could be misleading. How did you know which R problems weren't on the cbt? How come you didn't list all the practice scores you took? gs, tpr d? avg of only 2 out of 5 tests that you took? getting 85, but saying you scored high 90's. Did you retake aamc11? Any other "adjustments" that we should be aware of? For example, you could start doing an fl and think the verbal isn't representative. If you decide to sub in a section from ek without saying so, that's misleading.

The 3 SAs and aamc 11 thing might not be a lie because those SA scores are doable if done in a normal amount of time. Maybe he considered starting at 1am day 1 and finishing at 5am on day 2.

If you want this thread to be helpful, please leave out all the junk (thank you for not adding more non-mcat related links) and tiny changes that make yourself feel better. Some parts of it are definitely useful,

I'm assuming you mean 'helpful to himself', as OP never once stated that this was for anything but his own benefit.

His name/picture isn't douchey, it's just a kind of music that many people hate. So what? Just because One Direction is douchey doesn't make OP a douche just because he likes them. And 'ha?' is douchey? Stop being so goddamned sensitive; it was pretty clearly OPs way of demonstrating that they know how unrealistic a 45 is as a goal, and laughing at himself a bit. I don't know why people always have to interpret everything so narrowly, as if they're LOOKING for a reason to hate on people.

He already stated that he considered '1 day' to be a 24 hour period.

It's fairly easy to figure out which R questions aren't on the CBT...it's called Google, and everyone here could figure it out in ~30s if they wanted to. Not sure why everyone is so hung up on this point.

Now, I WILL agree, OP, that if you want this to benefit you accountability-wise, you've got to use it as such. Give it to us straight, give us the raw data, don't cherry-pick the info you want to portray. It's easy to interpret your own progress generously and fool yourself into thinking you're set. The MCAT will disillusion you pretty harshly. Let us do that part for you...worst you get is a bruised ego (though if you're doing well, we'll probably tell you that as well). If you wait for the test date for disillusionment, the penalties are steeper.
That's if you're still shooting for a 45...if you're happy with a 30-something, well, looks like you're on track for that, no need to continue this game. If you want accountability help, though, we've got to be picky (though I would argue that it's being done in an overly-bitchy manner right now, sorry)...and we are being so. If what you really meant was 'I want a fan club to cheer me on as I study', tough ****, ain't nobody got time for that! :laugh:

He has given off the bad vibe of "I'm a bragger dude." The SDN community shouldn't let that off kindly, for the important reasons I have stated numerous times beforehand. But you may disagree with my methods. Each to his own.

I understand your point, and I agree, but letting someone off and insulting them are not the same thing. Yes, we could do without his smug attitude, bc apparently it is irritating everyone. But, its not like he is trying to intentionally hurt anyone in the process. This is a public forum, so no one should be surprised by a condescending tittle. I mean everyone sees a 45 and automatically thinkgs "OMG IS HE SERIOUS?!?! THATS UNACHIEVABLE!!! THIS GUYS HAS TO BE OUT OF HIS MIND!!" Just because somebody has more confidence than you (referring to everyone) there is no reason to discourage. Moreover, I know you are skeptical of his studying methods and his progress, but really.... how is that going to affect you at the end of the day? If he is doing that great then thats awesome, everyone including you should be happy for him. However, if he isnt and he is deluding himself and his methods arent as credible as he says they are.... then he is just fooling himself. None of us will truly know, but regardless we should be encouraging him. This forum is meant to help others out, give and gain knowledge, & learn. Not to despise, insult, discourage, or badger one another. I see where you are coming from Incyepoo, but the way you are going about it is wrong.

His name/picture isn't douchey, it's just a kind of music that many people hate. So what? Just because One Direction is douchey doesn't make OP a douche just because he likes them. And 'ha?' is douchey? Stop being so goddamned sensitive; it was pretty clearly OPs way of demonstrating that they know how unrealistic a 45 is as a goal, and laughing at himself a bit. I don't know why people always have to interpret everything so narrowly, as if they're LOOKING for a reason to hate on people.

Actually it is. And not because it's from a particular band. I had never heard of the group one direction before some poster mentioned it. The look on the guy's face is rather douchey. I consider ha? to be douchey as well since "ha" is not a question, and it just comes off weird. And it's you who are being sensitive. I'm just expressing my opinions.

ain't nobody got time for that! :laugh:
That was a good one? ha?

Actually it is. And not because it's from a particular band. I had never heard of the group one direction before some poster mentioned it. The look on the guy's face is rather douchey. I consider ha? to be douchey as well since "ha" is not a question, and it just comes off weird. And it's you who are being sensitive. I'm just expressing my opinions.

That was a good one? ha?

That argument goes both ways...both of us are expressing our opinions, and both of us find the other to be oversensitive (I'm only speaking for you here since you JUST said that yourself).
Sorry, but using a question mark with something that's not usually a question is not sufficient for douchiness, imo. Insulting people over a friggin irrelevant question mark? In my mind, THAT is far douchier than anything I've seen OP display here. It was clear what OP was trying to get across with his punctuation, and even if it wasn't obvious to you, I'm still not sure why it's such a big deal to you.
Hope you have a nice day?

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand your point, and I agree, but letting someone off and insulting them are not the same thing. Yes, we could do without his smug attitude, bc apparently it is irritating everyone. But, its not like he is trying to intentionally hurt anyone in the process. This is a public forum, so no one should be surprised by a condescending tittle. I mean everyone sees a 45 and automatically thinkgs "OMG IS HE SERIOUS?!?! THATS UNACHIEVABLE!!! THIS GUYS HAS TO BE OUT OF HIS MIND!!" Just because somebody has more confidence than you (referring to everyone) there is no reason to discourage. Moreover, I know you are skeptical of his studying methods and his progress, but really.... how is that going to affect you at the end of the day? If he is doing that great then thats awesome, everyone including you should be happy for him. However, if he isnt and he is deluding himself and his methods arent as credible as he says they are.... then he is just fooling himself. None of us will truly know, but regardless we should be encouraging him. This forum is meant to help others out, give and gain knowledge, & learn. Not to despise, insult, discourage, or badger one another. I see where you are coming from Incyepoo, but the way you are going about it is wrong.

I told you already. I don't buy him. But those who aren't reading this thread as closely as we are should be made well aware of the potential shortfalls that his methods have. I'm not going to say my outrageousness was all for giving a PSA, but a big part definitely was. His goal of a 45 has nothing to do with this.

To reiterate once again, I care not about the OP, but the others who may be tempted to follow his footsteps if he is indeed bragging. I myself have taken a lot of great advice from credible people on this website, so I feel compelled to uproot BS as I find necessary. That is how it affects me.

But that point has been well made here already, or so I hope...

Last edited:
That argument goes both ways...both of us are expressing our opinions, and both of us find the other to be oversensitive (I'm only speaking for you here since you JUST said that yourself).
Sorry, but using a question mark with something that's not usually a question is not sufficient for douchiness, imo. Insulting people over a friggin irrelevant question mark? In my mind, THAT is far douchier than anything I've seen OP display here. It was clear what OP was trying to get across with his punctuation, and even if it wasn't obvious to you, I'm still not sure why it's such a big deal to you.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Okay, I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist. :roflcopter:

If what you really meant was 'I want a fan club to cheer me on as I study', tough ****, ain't nobody got time for that! :laugh:

I have an inkling of a hunch that this is much closer to the reality that he was hoping for. That, and probably to stroke his ego as well. :lol:

But it's okay. THx doesn't lie.

(though if you're doing well, we'll probably tell you that as well)

Truth. I doubt many would withhold the well-deserved compliments (yes, that includes me as well) had he proven us wrong and him right to begin with.

And yet we are still missing the right side of that screen!!!!!!11111!!!!11!!11[directon] The suspense is keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeling me. :rolleyes:

:sleep:

This thread is still alive??

LMAO

I remember when I tooled the OP a month ago for making this stupid thread for his "personal use" (rather than making a blog). I guess he was on his period so the mods had to send me a "warning."

This troll is not scoring anywhere NEAR a 45. Just read his study methods, they're hilarious! This is an example of his many brilliant strategies:

NoneDirection said:
I'm primarily strong in Physics and have been using physics to basically answer questions in every section...pretty dank huh? Because to be honest Chemistry is basically applied Physics and Biology is simply applied Chemistry. It all really comes down to physics and then using some logic. Plus answer choices tend to cancel themselves out really often on standardized exams.

I visit this thread from time to time for some laughs even though it's also cringe-worthy. Since my last visit a month ago this thread has gone into a downward spiral, kinda like his idol's (Justin Beiber) public image.

Last edited:
This thread is still alive??

..........I guess he was on his period so the mods had to send me a "warning."

............ Since my last visit a month ago this thread has gone into a downward spiral, kinda like his idol's (Justin Beiber) public image.

This is MCAT..........and then....the reason of warning...and then Justin Beiber.

Where else any forums can top that. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is MCAT..........and then....the reason of warning...and then Justin Beiber.

Where else any forums can top that. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

+1
Didn't know there were so many toxic people on SDN until I started reading this thread. Best of luck to you, OP. Know that even if you fall 10 points short of your goal, you're competitive for a majority of the schools in the country.

I'm primarily strong in Physics and have been using physics to basically answer questions in every section...pretty dank huh? Because to be honest Chemistry is basically applied Physics and Biology is simply applied Chemistry. It all really comes down to physics and then using some logic. Plus answer choices tend to cancel themselves out really often on standardized exams.

Do you mean to say that that's your VR strategy?!??!?!?!?! WOAH. You should share the wealth in the 30+ thread, man. Some people could really use a leg up on VR, especially if the answer lies in physics.

Do you mean to say that that's your VR strategy?!??!?!?!?! WOAH. You should share the wealth in the 30+ thread, man. Some people could really use a leg up on VR, especially if the answer lies in physics.

Well, most people use Physics to answer questions. They use levers, torque, etc. to move their hand to the mouse and maneuver it such that they can select the answer!

7/23

Been alternating between TBR Physics doing some targeted passages and TBR Gen Chem; EK 1001 Orgo, I've been going through it, second time through; and TPRH SW Bio. I'm also hacking my way through SA for Verbal and Bio. Just been alternating every few passages

Tomorrow I'm doing an online Kaplan Exam before a notes compression in Bio

7/23

Been alternating between TBR Physics doing some targeted passages and TBR Gen Chem; EK 1001 Orgo, I've been going through it, second time through; and TPRH SW Bio. I'm also hacking my way through SA for Verbal and Bio. Just been alternating every few passages

Tomorrow I'm doing an online Kaplan Exam before a notes compression in Bio

Are you still taking the exam on 8/2? Still aiming for a 45?

Kaplan is an interesting CBT. Ridiculous curves...Also weirdly did better on BS than PS for like the first time ever

Update:

Also don't do giant chunks of the AAMC Verbal SA...it murders you by the end. You stop actually paying attention; It's those question stems that killed me

My only issue with Verbal has been focus. When I'm on point, I get all the questions right, when I'm off, it's all off

Regardless, Notes compression bio for the rest of the day

Tomorrow is EK 101; AAMC Bio SA hack away; TPRH SW Bio; Some random work with Chem/Physics from TBR

Friday AAMC

Last edited:
This is the most cringe-worthy thread on SDN

1.) Everything in this thread screams "trainwreck." I can help but laugh a little reading the abysmally ******ed study plans, to the annoying/useless images and data of your "progress," to finally your commentaries reminiscent of a female on her period.I am almost sure you will not score anywhere near the ballpark of your "goal" of score 45, if no drastic changes are undertaken.

2.) You are either a troll or a socially awkward person. If I were you, I too would constantly remind myself that I am a "man" as part of my motivation (See your post from 6/18 if you didn't get the reference).

3.) You clearly spend a substantial amount of time typing and posting about your study sessions. You probably spend nearly the same time talking about your studying as actually doing it. TLDR

4.) Your choice of music is absolute garbage (my preferred word to describe it rhymes with baggy, can you use physics to figure that out?). I also hate your username and your choice of avatar. Your choice of music reminds me of my younger sister, who is also a fan of Justin Beiber.

Good luck with your MCAT and life goals!! :)
)

PS. LOL @ "losing years" off your life from doing the Insanity workout (or any exercise in genera). Go to a real gym, and lift some real weights; it's far more effective than doing a few home workouts in your living room following DVD instructions from some trainer through your TV screen.

Best post ever.

Okay I'm actually done posting on this site outside of the MCAT Q&A page until I take my Test on the 15th

I'm going after the 45 I'm better just shutting the **** up and get on with it. I have no doubt that I can pull it off. I have evidence saying it's within reach

Time to ****ing do this.

Will be back in 3 weeeks

Peace guys

I'm assuming you mean 'helpful to himself', as OP never once stated that this was for anything but his own benefit.

He already stated that he considered '1 day' to be a 24 hour period.

It's fairly easy to figure out which R questions aren't on the CBT...it's called Google, and everyone here could figure it out in ~30s if they wanted to. Not sure why everyone is so hung up on this point.

Now, I WILL agree, OP, that if you want this to benefit you accountability-wise, you've got to use it as such. Give it to us straight, give us the raw data, don't cherry-pick the info you want to portray. It's easy to interpret your own progress generously and fool yourself into thinking you're set. The MCAT will disillusion you pretty harshly. Let us do that part for you...worst you get is a bruised ego (though if you're doing well, we'll probably tell you that as well). If you wait for the test date for disillusionment, the penalties are steeper.
That's if you're still shooting for a 45...if you're happy with a 30-something, well, looks like you're on track for that, no need to continue this game. If you want accountability help, though, we've got to be picky (though I would argue that it's being done in an overly-bitchy manner right now, sorry)...and we are being so. If what you really meant was 'I want a fan club to cheer me on as I study', tough ****, ain't nobody got time for that! :laugh:

I skimmed most of this until I saw this in support of the OP. Moments like this make SDN worth the while. :cool:

I'm not entirely sure why I ventured into this thread. Based on previous posts by the same SDN handle, I was sure that I would cringe... as I had many, many times before when seeing the blather spewed forth.

....I feel so guilty for feeling so good that this thread has turned into united hate-fest :rofl::rofl:

Whatever 3-8 was a 36 with the lowest being 3 and 8

9-11 I did better on

Regardless, I'm still kind of weak one bio material

I'm cramming

Do you expect to be able to get a 45? That seems like a relevant, culminating question at this point.

Also why do you separate all your sentences with breaks like that? It seems to be a theme in your posting.

Do you expect to be able to get a 45? That seems like a relevant, culminating question at this point.

Also why do you separate all your sentences with breaks like that? It seems to be a theme in your posting.

I don't know

I just do that

I still think I can pull a 45

It all depends on my test...all I have now is faith

Whatever 3-8 was a 36 with the lowest being 3 and 8

9-11 I did better on

Regardless, I'm still kind of weak one bio material

I'm cramming

Did you say that you took 11 really early though? If that is true, it seems like your scores are all over the place.:confused:

I did take 11 rather early, I took 9 and 10 this week, and I did pretty well

I'm pumping myself up for tomorrow

I heard 9-11 were most realistic so I'll take it as that

Once you start scoring 38 it becomes a matter of luck as to whether or not you will score a 45. Good luck OP.