MCAT test date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sleight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so here is my issue. I had originally planned on taking the MCAT on April 18th but just found out that I have 3 exams that week and one the week before (the 18th is a Saturday). So then I thought about taking it on the 24th of April but then I am worried I won't get my scores back on time and I don't know if I want to wait that long :confused:. Plus, I am concerned that if I am burnt out from studying from my 4 exams I will be "stupified" :scared:. So then I was considering the April 4th test day so I could get the MCAT over with before all of my tests but the test is given at noon that day and I am more of an 8am test taker...also, after the exhaustion of the MCAT will I give up and not care about my 4 exams the following week?...any suggestions for similar situations? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so here is my issue. I had originally planned on taking the MCAT on April 18th but just found out that I have 3 exams that week and one the week before (the 18th is a Saturday). So then I thought about taking it on the 24th of April but then I am worried I won't get my scores back on time and I don't know if I want to wait that long :confused:. Plus, I am concerned that if I am burnt out from studying from my 4 exams I will be "stupified" :scared:. So then I was considering the April 4th test day so I could get the MCAT over with before all of my tests but the test is given at noon that day and I am more of an 8am test taker...also, after the exhaustion of the MCAT will I give up and not care about my 4 exams the following week?...any suggestions for similar situations? Thanks!

Any reason you have your heart set on April? They have an early May one too. You could still submit your AMCAS june 1 with the MCAT pending..get the MCAT back very early June and be super early. Also when my friends applied a lot of them got their secondaries within a week of submitting their primaries.

I feel your pain though...theres never a perfect date to take it :(

Why don't you take the MCAT in March? Or maybe considering dropping some classes? If you can't take it in March, then take the MCAT on 04/04 but make sure you study regularly for both your MCAT and your classes.

Why don't you take the MCAT in March? Or maybe considering dropping some classes? If you can't take it in March, then take the MCAT on 04/04 but make sure you study regularly for both your MCAT and your classes.

True but- if one can get a higher score in May it is far better than taking it in March and scoring lower. Taking it in May you can still have all secondaries completed by Aug 1 easily...and most schools won't even start sending secondaries out til July I believe

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have many classes at all...I have less units this semester than I have ever had (only 13 units) but the test just all land on the same week...there is only one test date in march (the 28th) but I don't want to do march...too soon...I have been studying pretty much everyday since a couple of days after Christmas...I don't know if I want to wait until may...ugh...I hate this...I think I might go with April 24th...

I don't have many classes at all...I have less units this semester than I have ever had (only 13 units) but the test just all land on the same week...there is only one test date in march (the 28th) but I don't want to do march...too soon...I have been studying pretty much everyday since a couple of days after Christmas...I don't know if I want to wait until may...ugh...I hate this...I think I might go with April 24th...

Why not sign up for April 24th then postpone later on if you think it's gonna be too soon? I guess you risk the May one filling up if you postpone but that depends if you take the test in Alaska or not...it likely will not fill up here.

Hang in there I know this semester is way too busy with everything!! We got a 6 day weekend here due to weather by the way..yay extra study and lab time for me ;) haha

haha i heard about that! lucky! i wish i got a 6 day weekend...i could put in LOTS of MCAT hours...i put in about 6 hours last night but then started to get a little bit of a headache...(caffeine overdose lol)...how much does it cost to change the date of the test?

haha i heard about that! lucky! i wish i got a 6 day weekend...i could put in LOTS of MCAT hours...i put in about 6 hours last night but then started to get a little bit of a headache...(caffeine overdose lol)...how much does it cost to change the date of the test?

No clue how much it costs, I hope not too much! Yeah studying is going good but things have been too busy with trying to get my research published...just too much stuff at once I should have eased up more but oh well. The nice thing is most my classes relate to MCAT, especially physics and biochem...so at least it's nothing too different! 6 hours in a night of just mcat is a lot! I've been trying to get in 3...usually get up at 5 and study 2 hours before school, then an hour before bed. It'll all be over soon!! :)

lol not soon enough...i think i need to revamp my study style but i don't know how...i think i might start making note cards...i just feel like i am flying through the material and not holding on to some of it...but some people say that the EK 30 min exams and the 16 mini mcats are not good representations of what you will actually get (LETS HOPE NOT!) and i think i might make the leap and buy all of the AAMC practice tests...at 35$ each its kind of a big step...maybe i will just buy one at a time...i just need something that i know is written by the people who write the mcat...

lol not soon enough...i think i need to revamp my study style but i don't know how...i think i might start making note cards...i just feel like i am flying through the material and not holding on to some of it...but some people say that the EK 30 min exams and the 16 mini mcats are not good representations of what you will actually get (LETS HOPE NOT!) and i think i might make the leap and buy all of the AAMC practice tests...at 35$ each its kind of a big step...maybe i will just buy one at a time...i just need something that i know is written by the people who write the mcat...

The AAMC tests are actual old MCATs...so I'd take those once you feel your ready and want to see how you'd do. The EK stuff isn't exactly like MCAT style...but it makes sure you know your stuff! I use it more to drill all the info in my head. When I start taking practice tests again I'm going to use AAMC for sure

Funny you should mention note cards because I was thinking the same thing. I have all my EK notes in a big binder but I learn way better off flashcards..so I think that'd be a great idea especially for bio and o-chem.

How was that 16 mini mcats book? Saw that online a bit ago. Good luck!

I have only been taking notes in the EK books not on separate paper...i might go back and start doing it on paper...16 mini mcats make me feel like crap about myself...i think i might take a practice mcat now to see if the 16 mini-mcats are really a good representation of my knowledge...I really hope not...because if so my score has gone down from my diagnostic... :(

Quick question. Should I register for May 28th or June 18th? I will have three extra weeks to study, with no classes. Btw, I am a M.S. student doing a SMP because of low stats. uGPA 3.13, gGPA 3.75. I need to do well on the MCAT and also apply as early as possible. What do you guys think?

How much time are you donating each day to studying? If you do not have enough time to study during your other classes I would take it later but if you can donate 3+ hours a day during classes take it earlier so you can turn in your application earlier.

I can do 3+ hours a day, but don't know how much applying 3 weeks early will really help me. I need to get a better understanding of what my chances are with my GPA that I put above, and a MCAT score of about a 32.