MCAT Test Day and Food :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j306c954

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any meals/snacks that you eat during breaks/lunch (during an FLE) that keep you full and help keep you alert/focused/energized?

I have a fast metabolism, so even when I eat, I get hungry pretty easily. Also doesn't help that I completely lose my appetite when I am stressed.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys have any meals/snacks that you eat during breaks/lunch (during an FLE) that keep you full and help keep you alert/focused/energized?

I have a fast metabolism, so even when I eat, I get hungry pretty easily. Also doesn't help that I completely lose my appetite when I am stressed.
For my test I made a really big sandwich with meats, cheeses and toppings that I got from the deli. I also used a hoagie roll, not regular sandwich bread because I figured that I could use the carbs. I also ate a good amount of fruit (grapes and mango). Funny thing is, I didn't even eat all of my sandwich because I surpirsingly wasn't as hungry as I thought I'd be. Right after lunch, you have the bio/biochem section so you don't want to be too full or have to...um, metabolize lol...maybe you could try making your snacks heartier as well, like beef jerky, peanut butter crackers, etc.

For my test I made a really big sandwich with meats, cheeses and toppings that I got from the deli. I also used a hoagie roll, not regular sandwich bread because I figured that I could use the carbs. I also ate a good amount of fruit (grapes and mango). Funny thing is, I didn't even eat all of my sandwich because I surpirsingly wasn't as hungry as I thought I'd be. Right after lunch, you have the bio/biochem section so you don't want to be too full or have to...um, metabolize lol...maybe you could try making your snacks heartier as well, like beef jerky, peanut butter crackers, etc.
Thanks! Ya for me I will get hungry but then I'm so stressed that I can't eat haha. I force myself thought. So I look for things that can fill me up without having to eat a lot of.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do the cinnamon challenge on your 30min break and barf the weakness out of your body. Return to subsequently destroy B/B.

Reactions: 3 users
Do the cinnamon challenge on your 30min break and barf the weakness out of your body. Return to subsequently destroy B/B.

I lol'd at this.

@OP: I brought ravioli with alfredo sauce because I knew it would be easy to digest, and filling/satisfying. Like you, I lose my appetite under stress so I didn't even finish half of it. It was nice to have it there though in case it was needed.

Another good, somewhat related strategy that I used was to visit the restroom every break regardless of whether I felt I needed to. This prevents emergencies that would otherwise eat into test time.

My tried-and-true lunch during long tests has always been a huge bean and cheese burrito, followed by half a caffeine pill (available over-the-counter). I read somewhere that such a high carb, greasy meal should make me more tired than anything, but it works for me ;) (also obviously not advisable for anybody slightly lactose) On another note, I've also read that redmeat is a no-no due to the tryptophan content. Go figure...

My tried-and-true lunch during long tests has always been a huge bean and cheese burrito

You know there are other test takers in the room, right?

f7034ead7e856ba3f12fe521d79a18bb334e519e64860056c761ec44407df572.jpg

Reactions: 1 user