MCAT Test Skills

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vnicolas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
NEW TOPIC I JUST USED AN OLD THREAD

I am going to take a have Princeton Review Course but the TPRHL Verbal Workbook 2005 ed. I want to know if Princeton changes material.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For Verbal just read the passage in its entirety and maintain extreme focus. After you finish the passage takes about 10 seconds to contemplate the main idea. Then using that main idea and you memory from the passage tackle the questions. Do not read the questions first, they may skew your perception of the main idea.

For PS and BS just read the passage and answer the questions, refer back to the passage if needed.

I want comments on my study plan
Aug-Nov.. content review--about a month a book,I am reading the books separately.
Dec...Content Review--about a week a subject
Reviewing in Jan.--Audio Osmosis and AAMC's Do you think I should reread the entire EK set or study from mcat-review.com or do you think, listening to the CDs and doing and reviewing AAMCs is enough.

I wouldn't read the books separately. Spend a day on each book/chapter. There are dozens of study plans on SDN that have worked for many people. Don't try to be a trendy hipster... just use what has proven to work.

Members don't see this ad :)

I want comments on my study plan
Aug-Nov.. content review--about a month a book,I am reading the books separately.
Dec...Content Review--about a week a subject
Reviewing in Jan.--Audio Osmosis and AAMC's Do you think I should reread the entire EK set or study from mcat-review.com or do you think, listening to the CDs and doing and reviewing AAMCs is enough.

I did something similar to you, but a lot more condensed. I would advise making flashcards or detailed notes, whatever works for you, during your second pass through the content in December. Then just work with those throughout January as you do the practice tests.