Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MCAT test stuff

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Raja, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Raja

Raja Member

I was hoping someone could fill me on a few questions since I'm taking the MCAT for the first time.

How long does all of the administration stuff end up taking? I realize this will vary from center to center.

Are we allowed to drink water or something during the exam?

Are we allowed to bring a backpack in with us (to hold snacks for example)?

thanks for the help.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

How long does all of the administration stuff end up taking? I realize this will vary from center to center.

It took about 45 minutes at my center, and there were about 30 folks taking the test that day. I'd say an hour is close to the top end.

Are we allowed to drink water or something during the exam?

No. They don't allow any open food or drink while taking any part of the exam. That's what our proctors read to us out of their manual. Whether or not they'd enforce it because you were drinking water is a question I didn't want answered badly enough to chance it. I brought water, but only drank it during the breaks. I did chew a lot of hard candy that day.

Are we allowed to bring a backpack in with us (to hold snacks for example)?

Yes, many people brought a small pack for their things, like snacks and lunch.

Good luck on the test. :)

4. simpleton

simpleton Senior Member

if the test starts at 9:00 what time do you think lunch will start?

5. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member

Attending Physician
    12:15 p.m.

6. moo

moo 1K Member

Actually our proctor said that it's ok if we drank water. She reminded us though that if we spilled anything that she wasn't responsible. How that works, I don't know.