RedC5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2004
NJ
Status (Visible)
I am taking MCAT this august but plan to apply to med schools next year. Are there any negative consequences for taking this route or do I need to take MCAT same year as I am applying?

Thanks,
Harry

confewshz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2002
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by RedC5
I am taking MCAT this august but plan to apply to med schools next year. Are there any negative consequences for taking this route or do I need to take MCAT same year as I am applying?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry, I plan on doing the same thing. I am taking the MCAT in August 2004. Then I will either do some postbac work or an MPH program. Then in June 2005, I will apply for medical school. My reasoning is that I can get the MCAT out of the way when I dont have other classes to worry about (although I am working full time). Then I can give 100% to the MCAT and 100% to my classes. Hopefully this will work in my favor.

confewshz

About the Ads

RedC5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2004
NJ
Status (Visible)
Thanks for the quick replys,

I am taking 3 classes this semester and preparing for mcats no to mention 9+ hrs of volunteering. So even if I didn't do well on MCATs in august, I will retake them next april.

confewshz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2002
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by RedC5
Thanks for the quick replys,

I am taking 3 classes this semester and preparing for mcats no to mention 9+ hrs of volunteering. So even if I didn't do well on MCATs in august, I will retake them next april.

That is another advantage. If you need to retake, you can do so in April and still have a complete application early in the application cycle. :D

Jonathan13180

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
Status (Visible)
I am doing the same thing, its tough with working 60+ hours a week in a lab, and taking classes. This way, once this test is out of the way, you can get all of your applications done early, and not have to worry about taking the test, and doing the application at the same time.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.