MCAT Tips/Concern

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by gpannu, Mar 12, 2001.

1. gpannu

gpannu Member

Hi, Guys

I had a few questions. I plan on taking the MCAT in August however I have ner taken Physics before. However many if my friends who have taken the MCAT have said high school physics is enough for the MCAT. There Is prep courses offered at my university in physics and one option is to take physcis while I am studying for the mcat.

Also what is a better prep course Kaplan or Princeton review. I know this topics has been abused but I would appreciate any suggestions. I heard from a kaplan representative that people who have'nt taken pyhsics can learn it from the prep course. Kaplan also claims that the pyhsical sciences is the section that most students improve.

Finally, I have also considered optometrey as an alternative to MD. I was wondering if any one knew the scope of their practice. Also, what is their average earning potential

Finally out of curiousity although this is'nt my main motive for studying medcine, to certain extent I am attracted to the money and job security as well as the prestige. Does Anyone else share those sentiments.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. suzyprime

suzyprime New Member

hi,if you are taking August Mcat don't wait for the scores apply early