mcat tmrw - verbal question???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarlett14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i had been scoring 11-12 on the verbal for all the aamcs except for 10 and 11 which i took this past weekend and gots 9s on and ive been freaking out ever since then...my verbal has always been up and down, especially in examkrackers, but since all my first few aamcs were >10 i wasnt too worried and thought my approach that i had developed was working. but now its a day before the exam and i have no idea what to do cause of those 9s...im so scared im going to score <10 on the real thing...and the scary thing is i felt okay after completing verbal on 10 and 11..like i had realized they were tougher but i didnt think it went that terribly...

anyone who has taken aamc 10 and 11 and then took the real thing have any advice? i keep hearing that aamc 10/11 are pretty accurate and that the real thing may be even harder so now, literally day before the test, i am freaking out about verbal. the annoying thing is im pretty comfortable with both PS and BS so i really do not want to have to retake this test just cause of verbal...

any advice/comments on your own experience with those tests and the real thing would be much appreciated!!!! :scared: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

i had been scoring 11-12 on the verbal for all the aamcs except for 10 and 11 which i took this past weekend and gots 9s on and ive been freaking out ever since then...my verbal has always been up and down, especially in examkrackers, but since all my first few aamcs were >10 i wasnt too worried and thought my approach that i had developed was working. but now its a day before the exam and i have no idea what to do cause of those 9s...im so scared im going to score <10 on the real thing...and the scary thing is i felt okay after completing verbal on 10 and 11..like i had realized they were tougher but i didnt think it went that terribly...

anyone who has taken aamc 10 and 11 and then took the real thing have any advice? i keep hearing that aamc 10/11 are pretty accurate and that the real thing may be even harder so now, literally day before the test, i am freaking out about verbal. the annoying thing is im pretty comfortable with both PS and BS so i really do not want to have to retake this test just cause of verbal...

any advice/comments on your own experience with those tests and the real thing would be much appreciated!!!! :scared: :confused:

NOTE: I do not apply to the bolded requirement

But I still think my advice is solid. At this point the best approach is to be calm and confident. Go in knowing your strategy and stick to it. Second guessing yourself on verbal tends to be bad. For me, it is all about reading for the main idea and answering questions accordingly.

Good luck! :thumbup: