MCAT to the 2nd power

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M bhai MBBS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey wass up everyone

here my question,

Does it matter if you take MCAT Twice??? I mean let's say first time you got 28 and if you take it again and you got 33. wat's the deal?? Do colleges dont like it if you take it more then once?? or it's fine as long as you improve?? i mean i know you just want to take MCAT once and get it done with, but rite now i am in weird situation. Because my scores rite now are around 25-28 i dont know if i should take it or not. Since its the last paper-pencil MCAT i really dont know what to do here. and i hate CBT crap, it weirdo. so is it ok to apply to med-school with taken MCAT twice???

Thank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

Are you already registered? If not you don't have a choice anyway.

Here are the possibilities:

They look at the most recent score
They take your best score
They take all of them into consideration
A rare few will take the best from each subsection from all tests

And if you haven't applied already what are you waiting for?

i think 25-28 is an ok range, i had been there, until a foiled attempt last week at a full length i couldn't finish... if you're registered go for it. good luck, i'll be there with ya.

yeah i m registered. taking mcat at Hilton Tower in NYC. i been doing EK courses and Kaplan Topicals and their book just in case if i need extra help. but i was worried that it dosent look good in record if you have 25 or something in ur 1st MCAT and then gettin 30+ in 2nd time. i always thought for some reason that you should take mcat Once and get 30+ and if ya not gettin 30+ in practice tests then dont take the exam or something..

anyways.. thanks guys.

A 30 is nice, but it depends on where you apply. Florida State's avg MCAT score for the 2006 entering class was a 27 iirc. The school is pretty new so they're trying to get things settled. Anything over a 25 should get you into an MD school if you apply to enough places and have good activites, gpa, interview. My friend got a 25 (took the MCAT twice, same score), got an interview at FSU, but didn't get in. He's now at a DO school, NOVA (got into LECOM).

P.S. Forgot to mention that FSU is only accepting FL residents for the time being. They get subsidies from the State for each FL student.