MCAT Tomorrow, bit of a slump should I void?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theconzumer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a slump and not doing to well on my scores (less than 20s) lately. Would it be of any benefit to void the test or just take it? I'm likely going to redo the test in January (hopefully that isn't too late). Would schools look negatively on a low score if I redo the MCAT and perform better? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

1) From what you've posted, I can't see any benefit to you taking the MCAT if your practice scores are in the teens. I would void.
2) Schools like to see improvement in MCAT scores, but it's always a better option to avoid getting a poor score in the first place. Having one good score is much better than having one bad score, followed by a better score.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh boy less than 20. Any chance of rescheduling without eating the cost. Examine why you are getting the score, are there subject sections that you are weaker or stronger in. The schools are getting stricter with MCAT now. TUSPM wont talk to you if you are under 22

Reactions: 1 user