MCAT verbal quest.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coolio30

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yo, I have taken Kaplan's FL 1 and 2 and have scored a 10 and 11 in verbal. However, I just took TPR Test C in verbal and scored a 9. Are Kaplan exams in verbal easier or are the TPR harder. For the past or current MCATers who took the A-D, how did you do on those compared to the real thing. On test B, I got a 25-9V,8P,8V. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I scored in the 10s on kaplan and got a 12 on the real thing.

I thought the Kaplan verbal was easier than TPR, but maybe that's just me. As far as TPR tests A-D go, they are harder than the real thing. So, don't let those results discourage you. Stick w/ the "mainstream" tests...use A-D for practice but don't use them to analyze your performance b/c those tests are difficult. Your practice full length tests are a much more accurate prediction of test day performance.

Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are getting 10s and 11s in Kaplan verbal, you will probably get at least a 10 on test day. Kaplan's are harder than the real thing, however on test day you have added stress, so that it evens out, making Kaplan a good predictor.

FYI this is just my interpretation.

TPR's A-D get harder as you go (i.e. A is the easiest, D is the hardest).

I found A and B to be reasonable, but C and D to be overly difficult.

Best thing to do is to take some AAMC exams, although AAMC I and II are way too easy also.

TPR's test C and D are harder than the real thing. Or at the very least, the real MCAT has a more lenient scoring conversion. :) A 9 on TPR C should put you in good shape. As always though, your best bets for practice tests would be the newest AAMC tests (V and VI).

those tpr a-d tests are IMPOSSIBLE!!! kaplan is a very good predictor. in fact, you'll probably improve by 1 or 2 on the real thing. so the way it looks now, you could do really well. of course, if you let my advice go to your head, you'll do badly. keep studying hard. but not with those tpr tests!