MCAT w/o Organic and Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gershon

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a M.S. degree in Psychology.
I went back to undergrad. to do my pre meds.
I will be taking organic and physics in the fall.
Should I attempt to take the MCAT this summer before attending these courses.
I will be going over the material with a tutor for the next two months and I am registered for a Kaplan MCAT review course and Organic Edge.

Members don't see this ad.

What's the hurry?! You won't be applying until next year, right? I wouldn't waste the money. Of course, if you are BRILLIANT, you might pull it off. I just don't see why you would want to rush it.

Renee

I don't suggest you to do so. You need a strong background in organic and physics for MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
They majority rules this time. The MCAT uses O-chem to "toughen up" the biological section and Physics to beef up the physical sciences. It has been my experiences that the review would be useless if you never learned the material to begin with and you need to UNDERSTAND o-chem not just memorize a couple reactions and solubility properties to successfully interpret passages and extrapolate the information. I know you've been working a long time and it feels like you have forever to go. I know you probably want to start right away but anything worth doing is worth doing right. Be most patient and above all best of luck.

Thanks for your answers.
Ranee, I was planning of applying this summer in order to try to get in a year earlier.