MCAT with only intro Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultimakey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just had a question regarding the bio on the MCAT. How much of a disadvantage/extra time will be needed for me if I only take intro bio without all of the other bio courses (A&P, molecular, genetics, etc)?

Members don't see this ad.

It can be done, I did it after a post-bac. Just make sure that you are very comfortable with experimental techniques and analysis.

Reactions: 1 user
It's definitely doable. I took the MCAT after intro bio without finishing the rest of the series. It was pretty rough but if you dedicate a good amount of time to memorizing for biochem you should be fine.

It's definitely doable. I took the MCAT after intro bio without finishing the rest of the series. It was pretty rough but if you dedicate a good amount of time to memorizing for biochem you should be fine.

Oh my mistake, I also meant I will have biochem (from the chem department) completed by that time. I won’t have genetics, A&P, molecular bio, and whatever other specific bios show up on the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my mistake, I also meant I will have biochem (from the chem department) completed by that time. I won’t have genetics, A&P, molecular bio, and whatever other specific bios show up on the MCAT.

Although taking those extra science classes may help, it is doable without them as long as you put in the work when doing content review.

You will do fine on the MCAT without A&P, molecular, and genetics.
remember the minimum requirement for most med school is only one year of biology