mcat woes

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by nezlab99, Oct 21, 2001.

1. nezlab99

nezlab99 Senior Member

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TiBore

TiBore Member

I wouldn't really worry about your writing sample score; it is my understanding that most schools don't put that much weight on it. What you may want to do is submit a writing sample to your premed committee and have them comment on your writing abilities in your recommendation letter, that's what my school does. I think that you could also look at this as an advantage. After all you know at least one of the questions the adcom will ask you in your interview!

Don't worry about it

4. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason

Be prepared to justify it... I got the "it looks to me like you just cannot write..." comment at one interview. And I've been published in magazines before... :eek:

-A

5. PainMan

PainMan Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Dont sweat the writing. 2 out of 3 on "reading riting and rithmatic" should do the trick. I got an M which isnt stellar either. You will be writing an essay or two on your Supps to show your stuff. My advisor told me "leave the impromptu commentary to the journalist".

6. PainMan

PainMan Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    PS- I DO NOT RECOMMEND taking the MCAT again to help on the writing section. Look at the stats in your MCAT pack it will show how retakers perform per catagory compared to your score. I bet your 11 or better is under a 30% chance. Again-you will be writing essays on supps. if you (god forbid) bomb your retake you wont have a chance to run a titration on any supps.... my2cents