smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2002
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
Did anyone else notice on their score reports that the score that the highest number of people recieved was M??? Supposedly M is 25th percentile, yet on the bar graph they gave, M towers above other writing scores.... I know that the writing section isn't that important, but there seems to be a discrepancy there. Any thoughts?? BTW- did anyone do a lot worse on the April MCAT than they had thought they did coming out??

missbonnie

floating
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey-

You shouldn't worry to much ( or at all depending who you ask) about the writing section. It is the least important of all the sections by far.

I got an N, which is in some ridiculously low percentile.

-b

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Status (Visible)
Try getting a 7 on verbal, it's the 44th percentile at it's highest. That's what I had. :( Yet, it was the highest "tower."

The "towers" don't mean anything; they simply show you how many people got THAT specific mark on that section. The highest tower of "M" means most people got an M on the test. That's all. It's really the percentile that matters. And as for writing, you shouldn't be so worried about an M if so many people had the same score as you.
Good luck.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.