MCAT Writing Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice on their score reports that the score that the highest number of people recieved was M??? Supposedly M is 25th percentile, yet on the bar graph they gave, M towers above other writing scores.... I know that the writing section isn't that important, but there seems to be a discrepancy there. Any thoughts?? BTW- did anyone do a lot worse on the April MCAT than they had thought they did coming out??

Members don't see this ad.

Hey-

You shouldn't worry to much ( or at all depending who you ask) about the writing section. It is the least important of all the sections by far.

I got an N, which is in some ridiculously low percentile.

-b

Try getting a 7 on verbal, it's the 44th percentile at it's highest. That's what I had. :( Yet, it was the highest "tower."

The "towers" don't mean anything; they simply show you how many people got THAT specific mark on that section. The highest tower of "M" means most people got an M on the test. That's all. It's really the percentile that matters. And as for writing, you shouldn't be so worried about an M if so many people had the same score as you.
Good luck.