Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MCATJelly Help!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by chillingpanda, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:10 PM.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. chillingpanda

chillingpanda 2+ Year Member

May 19, 2015
    I'm so lost trying to figure out this schedule. I'm not sure if this is because he used the old tbr books, but I have the new ones and I don't understand what he means by "Physics section 1: all; section 2: I-V; Section 4:IV"

Where are these sections? Could someone find the page number for me in the new tbr books

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. BerkReviewTeach

BerkReviewTeach Company Rep & Bad Singer Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

May 25, 2007
    SDN Exhibitor
    I think the problem is that when we printed our new books in January, 2016, we changed the chapters. Both books have ten chapters, but we omitted one and split another into two.

Old book:
    Chapter 1: Translational Motion (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam and Phase 2 = 52 Question Exam)
    Chapter 2: Forces, Circular Motion, and Gravitation (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam and Phase 2 = 52 Question Exam)
    Chapter 3: Work and Energy (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam and Phase 2 = 52 Question Exam)
    Chapter 4: Momentum and Torque (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam and Phase 2 = 52 Question Exam)
    Chapter 5: Periodic Motion and waves (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam and Phase 2 = 52 Question Exam)
    Chapter 6: Sound and the Doppler Effect (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam and Phase 2 = 52 Question Exam)
    Chapter 7: Fluids and Solids (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam and Phase 2 = 52 Question Exam)
    Chapter 8: Electrostatics and Electromagnetism (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam and Phase 2 = 52 Question Exam)
    Chapter 9: Electric Circuits (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam and Phase 2 = 52 Question Exam)
    Chapter 10: Light and Geometrical Optics (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam and Phase 2 = 52 Question Exam)

New book:
    Chapter 1: Translational Motion (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam, Phase 2 = 25 Timed Exam, and Phase 3 = Exam 1.1 w/ 59 Questions)
    Chapter 2: Forces and Torque (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam, Phase 2 = 25 Timed Exam, and Phase 3 = Exam 1.2 w/ 59 Questions)
    Chapter 3: Work and Energy (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam, Phase 2 = 25 Timed Exam, and Phase 3 = Exam 1.3 w/ 59 Questions)
    Chapter 4: Periodic Motion and waves (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam, Phase 2 = 25 Timed Exam, and Phase 3 = Exam 1.4 w/ 59 Questions)
    Chapter 5: Fluids and Fluid Dynamics (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam, Phase 2 = 25 Timed Exam, and Phase 3 = Exam 1.5 w/ 59 Questions)
    Chapter 6: Electrostatics and Electromagnetism (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam, Phase 2 = 25 Timed Exam, and Phase 3 = Exam 2.1 w/ 59 Questions)
    Chapter 7: Electric Circuits (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam, Phase 2 = 25 Timed Exam, and Phase 3 = Exam 2.2 w/ 59 Questions)
    Chapter 8: Sound and the Doppler Effect (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam, Phase 2 = 25 Timed Exam, and Phase 3 = Exam 2.3 w/ 59 Questions)
    Chapter 9: Light and Electromagnetic Radiation (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam, Phase 2 = 25 Timed Exam, and Phase 3 = Exam 2.4 w/ 59 Questions)
    Chapter 10: Geometrical Optics (Homework: Phase 1 = 25 Question Exam, Phase 2 = 25 Timed Exam, and Phase 3 = Exam 2.5 w/ 59 Questions)

The issue in translating the schedule, I assume, is that we didn't have a Phase 3 in the old books, so many schedules had you split Phase 2 into two parts. You no longer have to do this.

Many of the schedules you see with three homework phases come from a plan we released in the early 90s that has been modified and rehashed quite a few times, but has retained the idea of break home into three parts (retention/review first, timing second, and integration of outside concepts last.)

Does this help in modifying the mcatjelly schedule to work for you?

mcatjelly likes this.