Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MCATS: 3-5-6-Q

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by IwannaBeADOCTOR, Jan 22, 2001.

1. IwannaBeADOCTOR

IwannaBeADOCTOR Junior Member

Hello, as you can see I am in need of some desprate help....

My MCATS are worthless (3-5-6). I have an awsome GPA and a Degree in Biology. What should I do to get my MCATS around 8's?? I took Princton (with 12 credits that semester). I'm a URM, English is my 3rd language. I also work 40 hrs/week. SHould I enroll in a post-bacc, master's program, get a private tutor for the MCATS? I'll do anything.

Any advice? PLease only serious people reply.

Thanks, Kathy

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY

Attending Physician
    I am sorry about your MCAT grades....but do you really NEED to multiple post the same thing? It is ANNOYING!!!!!!!
    One post is MORE than sufficient..people continue to post the SAME EXACT thing under multiple headings...it is redundant to say the least......
    Post once in the appropriate place(one place) and leave well enough alone...

4. Andrew07

Andrew07 Junior Member

Kathy,

I agree with mojo. If you can, attempt to devote as much time to studying for the MCAT as possible. You need to get your Bio and phys. sci. sections up to at least 8's. You may be able to squeak by with a 6-7 in the verbal section since english is your 3rd language. Basically, it boils down to study time and practice (taking tests that is). If you can implement these two suggestions, im sure your score will improve.

good luck.

mojo -- is your T.S. Elliot quote from "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock? There are some great one-liners in that piece.

Yosh -- people merely want advice on a particular topic, and posting multiple times/headings is a way of ensuring they are heard by a variety of people. If anything, a post solely about making multiple posts is just as annoying (my oppinion of course). Further, I do not believe it is a safe presumption that one individual will check each section in the SDN forum. Isn't your redundancy claim predicated on this notion? Take home message -- RELAX -- this is a discussion forum.

5. MSafur

MSafur Senior Member

Don't give up! If you really want to go to med school, then keep on practicing for the MCATs. You'll make it....I know I did!

6. bobo

bobo Senior Member

yosh is right, cross posting is bad netiquette and is rather annoying, but damn dude, take a valium or two!