Mcats & school work?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yalla22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out a way to study for the mcats and keep up with my college academic work. How do you guygs typically schedule both? I'm really unorganized and am going to need to study for the mcats a lot...!

Members don't see this ad.

like in other words, how did you split the sections up and how much time per day, etc?

I used my "wasted" time to study (reviewing material while waiting in line at Wal-Mart or practicing questions during lunch and break at work). Then I would try to take a whole section or two during the weekend. This worked good for me cause I tend to be unorganized and dislike set schedules.

I'm telling you what my kaplan teacher told me. the mcat counts for a lot and perferably you only want to do it once...he even went as far to say that your one mcat counts as much as all your years in college which in turn freaked me out. So whatever you decide make the mcat first we're down to a couple of weeks make them count. Maybe not the best advice because i guess i'm saying neglect school work not totally but mcat should be first. Just my thoughts take um or leave um.:)

basically you have to live in the library.

I study for the MCATs between classes...and until dinner time. and then from 8pm-12am i do school stuff. then from 12am-2:30am I do MCATs again.

and my saturdays are devoted to MCATs...around 8 hours.

My spring break is gonna suck