1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

MCATs Stolen - ALL AUGUST MCATS VOID!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by tBw, Aug 27, 2002.

1. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

Just read this on CNN!!:

American Association of Medical Colleges Cancels Grading of Standardized Tests

August 27, 2002 Posted: 10:06 AM EDT (1406 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Following allegations that an employee, Mark Steeler, 39, sold copies of the bi-annual Medical Colleges Admission Test before the August examination the AAMC today announced that all scores from this years August sitting would be voided. Dr Jan Kinchain from the AAMC public relations department commented "We will refund all monies to candidates that retained their admissions slip for this August exam, but we cannot provide a score for their efforts. It's sad as many of these candidiates will have worked very hard for this years test. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing who saw the pre-release of the August MCAT and who did not, and it would therefore be unfair on April examinees for us to proceed with grading August exams. Examinees will be able to re-sit in April."

"It's a disaster" commented Dr Jay Oke of New York's Pullinleg institute, pointing out that this would half the number of applicants to medical schools this year.

Several schools are now considering accepting LSAT scores in place of the MCAT for August examinees. "It's just not fair to exclude them, but we have to have a score number, or our computers get angry" commented admissions personell at Stanford. "Unfortunately candidates are going to have to follow Frankie and 'Relax'"

Ok, calm down guys, I just made it all up...(I assume you could tell from Dr Janking Chain, the Pullin leg institute, the thief being "Mark Steeler"??) sorry...I was bored.. hopefully no one got too freaked out :p

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    somewhere, a pre med student is lying motionless post cardiac arrest on their keyboard :laugh:

4. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    uhh april fools?

5. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

Very Orson Wellsian

6. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

7. athena21

athena21 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

darn...i was hoping...but it was just a dream...

8. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

i wish!

9. Jugador75

Jugador75 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well I thought it was funny! Perhaps a little immature, but certainly well executed. I especially liked the "pullin-leg institute".

10. Ryo-Ohki

7+ Year Member

It was funny. Except for the last paragraph.

11. limit

limit Molesting my inner-child
    10+ Year Member

Very nice !!

But you definitely gave it away too soon... Geez, let us worry for a little bit :D then reveal that its a joke like a day later!

12. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

I guess people must have been as bored as me :)

Limit - yeah, I *originally* wrote it without the last paragraph and the disclaimer ie "straight" but then I thought 'ya know, this whole process makes people *really* crazy, I really don't want anyone getting too upset/doing themselves harm! So I made it obvious and added the give-away...I just couldn't bring myself to be too cruel ;)

13. agent

agent agent, RN
    7+ Year Member

im sure someone is constructing a voodoo doll of the boy wonder and preparing to stick a large sharp object through its skull as I type...

14. Kovox

Kovox Going Places
    7+ Year Member

Mindless.

15. lady bug

7+ Year Member

You have toooooo much time on your hands boy wonder. :rolleyes:

16. barakutha

barakutha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

if you wanted to scare me sensless, you did for a couple of seconds.

the more I read , the more i was skimming over it, so i never noticed your 'pullin-leg' institute

after a couple of deep breaths and rereadring it, I was able to appreciate the humor