MCATs Stolen - ALL AUGUST MCATS VOID!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just read this on CNN!!:

American Association of Medical Colleges Cancels Grading of Standardized Tests

August 27, 2002 Posted: 10:06 AM EDT (1406 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Following allegations that an employee, Mark Steeler, 39, sold copies of the bi-annual Medical Colleges Admission Test before the August examination the AAMC today announced that all scores from this years August sitting would be voided. Dr Jan Kinchain from the AAMC public relations department commented "We will refund all monies to candidates that retained their admissions slip for this August exam, but we cannot provide a score for their efforts. It's sad as many of these candidiates will have worked very hard for this years test. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing who saw the pre-release of the August MCAT and who did not, and it would therefore be unfair on April examinees for us to proceed with grading August exams. Examinees will be able to re-sit in April."

"It's a disaster" commented Dr Jay Oke of New York's Pullinleg institute, pointing out that this would half the number of applicants to medical schools this year.

Several schools are now considering accepting LSAT scores in place of the MCAT for August examinees. "It's just not fair to exclude them, but we have to have a score number, or our computers get angry" commented admissions personell at Stanford. "Unfortunately candidates are going to have to follow Frankie and 'Relax'"

Ok, calm down guys, I just made it all up...(I assume you could tell from Dr Janking Chain, the Pullin leg institute, the thief being "Mark Steeler"??) sorry...I was bored.. hopefully no one got too freaked out :p

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I thought it was funny! Perhaps a little immature, but certainly well executed. I especially liked the "pullin-leg institute".

Very nice !!

But you definitely gave it away too soon... Geez, let us worry for a little bit :D then reveal that its a joke like a day later!

Originally posted by DrLady
boywonder,
your post definitely got some attention...this thread got 300 views!!!

I guess people must have been as bored as me :)

Limit - yeah, I *originally* wrote it without the last paragraph and the disclaimer ie "straight" but then I thought 'ya know, this whole process makes people *really* crazy, I really don't want anyone getting too upset/doing themselves harm! So I made it obvious and added the give-away...I just couldn't bring myself to be too cruel ;)

im sure someone is constructing a voodoo doll of the boy wonder and preparing to stick a large sharp object through its skull as I type...

if you wanted to scare me sensless, you did for a couple of seconds.

the more I read , the more i was skimming over it, so i never noticed your 'pullin-leg' institute

after a couple of deep breaths and rereadring it, I was able to appreciate the humor