MCAT'S valid after 2 yrs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

lost

Hi,
If I took my MCAT's after my sophomore year during the summer....then decide to take a year off after graduation and then apply, will my scores still be valid or do I have to retake them?

This is completely off topic but are Statistics and engineering courses factored into the Science GPA?

tHANX.

Members don't see this ad.

It varies by school, but most of the schools I applied to accepted scores from the past 3-5 years, so I think you're good. A few schools (Galveston) only accept scores from the past year, but I think these are the minority. If you don't already have it, get the Complete Book of Medical Schools. It has info on all the medical schools in the country, plus a few from Canada and the Bahamas. The MCAT policy, as well as other important information, is in there.

What P Daddy said, except in my experience/opinion the schools I applied to only wanted MCATs within 3 years. But yeah, it varys.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure the science GPA is based on the pre-med science courses (Bio, Gen Chem, Orgo, Physics, Math) but I could be wrong. I'm an engineering student too, and if they did count eng. courses, my science GPA would be about the same as my regular GPA.

although some engineering classes have Calc III prerequsites and are harder, the last time I asked my advisor, they were not factored in...

Then again, she could be wrong....

pretty much all of the schools i applied to only accepted scores that are three years old or less by the time you matriculate. in other words, i took the MCAT in april of 1999 and hope to matriculate in fall of 2002, so this is the final year i could apply using these scores as they will be three years old by the time i matriculate.

statistics courses count as math but engineering courses have their own category that is not factored into the BCPM GPA.

But wait, after six months of being out of school don't you have to start paying back college loans?
:mad: A break is cool but whose ready for that.