SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by IceDoctor, Dec 9, 2001.

1. IceDoctor

IceDoctor Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 22, 2001
    Hey everyone,

I would like to know how would one prepare for the MCATs. I need to score above a 26 to get even considered at the medical schools I am applying to. Would anyone consider telling me their plans/routines for studying the MCAT or what really helped them. Thanks for everyting.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Kadyra

Kadyra Will drive for music. 7+ Year Member

Nov 22, 2001
    Glendale, AZ
  4. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason 10+ Year Member

Jun 20, 2001
    South Beach, Florida
    The night before the MCAT I read a section on "How to Take the MCAT" as part of the Betz prep book. Ya know,

(1) Get a good night's sleep.
    (2) Eat breakfast.
    (3) Bring two #2 pencils.
    (4) Bring black ink pen.
    (5) Eat high protein breakfast as this stimulates brain activity...
    etc.. etc...

P.S. And, yes, I'm serious.
  5. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2001
    I took Kaplan and used all of their resources, and I raised my score 8 points. I would highly recommend a course if you can afford it, because it organizes the studying for you. Also, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!! Take as many full length exams in simulated test environments as you can (Kaplan does this for you as part of the course). I think that helped me the most, learning how to pace myself and not be so nervous on the test day (I was nervous before we went in but confident once the test began). Best of luck! Also, take Amra's advice (above). :)