Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

mcats

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by RBS21, Jun 30, 2002.

1. RBS21

RBS21 New Member

I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for me. I am applying to med school over the summer but there is one thing that is holding me back: the MCATs. On the april test I obtained a score of 6v, 7p, 8b, Nw. My GPA is at a 3.46 and it has been improving every semester. I have a lot of volunteer experience and this summer I have an internship type program at a Hospital in DC. Through this program I will become a certified ERT and get comfortable with the medical field. This past week I have watched many surgeries in the Operating room. before taking the MCATS, I studied around 6 to 7 hours a day in addition to the kaplan classes and practice tests. None of my work paid off and now I will be studying just as hard for the august MCAT. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can lift up my MCAT score??
    Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doc AdamK in 2006

Doc AdamK in 2006 Now 2 year UB Med Doc

There are a lot of great tips on the MCAT Forum.

Did you take a review class. They are expensive but worth it. Read everyday, newspaper anything that can get you used to reading different styles of writing. Everything from Poetry to non-fiction

Review courses should help with the Science because they will give you plenty of practice problems

AK

4. Doc AdamK in 2006

Doc AdamK in 2006 Now 2 year UB Med Doc

Oops you did take Kaplan. Take Princeton Review.

5. Moving to the MCAT Forum....