mcats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RBS21

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for me. I am applying to med school over the summer but there is one thing that is holding me back: the MCATs. On the april test I obtained a score of 6v, 7p, 8b, Nw. My GPA is at a 3.46 and it has been improving every semester. I have a lot of volunteer experience and this summer I have an internship type program at a Hospital in DC. Through this program I will become a certified ERT and get comfortable with the medical field. This past week I have watched many surgeries in the Operating room. before taking the MCATS, I studied around 6 to 7 hours a day in addition to the kaplan classes and practice tests. None of my work paid off and now I will be studying just as hard for the august MCAT. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can lift up my MCAT score??
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There are a lot of great tips on the MCAT Forum.

Did you take a review class. They are expensive but worth it. Read everyday, newspaper anything that can get you used to reading different styles of writing. Everything from Poetry to non-fiction

Review courses should help with the Science because they will give you plenty of practice problems

AK

Oops you did take Kaplan. Take Princeton Review.