McDonald's pays $17-20/hr with $500-1,000 sign up bonus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
All the local McDonald's, Five Guys, grocery stores, big box stores are paying $17-20/hr and some even have sign on bonuses. No wonder all the pharmacy techs quit.

Members don't see this ad.

Dont have any problems paying a tech more as long as the work is being done.

We have been short handed for a while. Techs have been saying that is the reason why there is so many in fill. Fast foward to where we are not short handed and fill is still the same. Only tells me its not being short handed, no one has the desire to fill. And they will not be able to use that as a reason no more. Also had one say, "Gosh, if i knew this many people would be here today, I would of called in." :rolleyes:. No desire to pay more for that kind of attitude.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All the local McDonald's, Five Guys, grocery stores, big box stores are paying $17-20/hr and some even have sign on bonuses. No wonder all the pharmacy techs quit.
Thanks to democrats, serving burgers pays more than having a doctorate degree... What is the incentive to go to school? Why have so much in loans when you can make 50k serving burgers after getting high school education. No wonder eggs are 10$ for a dozen.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks to democrats, serving burgers pays more than having a doctorate degree... What is the incentive to go to school? Why have so much in loans when you can make 50k serving burgers after getting high school education. No wonder eggs are 10$ for a dozen.

Serving burgers does not pay more than having a doctorate degree (unless you can't find a job). It pays more than being a pharmacy tech.

Eggs are $10 due to avian flu.

Reactions: 5 users
Wage compression. The pay of those without doctorate degrees is catching up to us (or has even surpassed us, i.e. computer science or engineering) while inflation and saturation of our job market have made us poorer in the last 3 years.

Reactions: 2 users
$8-10 per dozen when they used to be $2 is expensive.
I mean where are they even $8 for a dozen? Are these free range golden eggs? Maybe I have just been lucky but I’ve been seeing about 5-6 for the cheap brands around me.

• Haha
I mean where are they even $8 for a dozen? Are these free range golden eggs? Maybe I have just been lucky but I’ve been seeing about 5-6 for the cheap brands around me.

Eggs are now $25 for 5 dozen at Costco (I suppose that varies a little by location). And if you can't manage to eat through 5 dozen eggs, you're not spending that much on eggs anyway.

• Haha
ITT: People angry that poor people are making more money than they used to.

Implement $20 minimum wage --> force automation --> bye bye jobs.

The dems never think 1 step ahead of their "compassionate" hearts. They simply are forcing the forward progress of human job elimination without having any awareness that they are doing it. It's fascinating.

Implement $20 minimum wage --> force automation --> bye bye jobs.

The dems never think 1 step ahead of their "compassionate" hearts. They simply are forcing the forward progress of human job elimination without having any awareness that they are doing it. It's fascinating.
Productivity has dramatically outpaced compensation. If anything we should be pushing for shorter work weeks and allow people to have freedom to enjoy their lives.

It’s also funny to me that automating jobs is considered bad. We should want robots to do all the work and we humans can just enjoy our lives. But no, people need jobs or else how will they be exploited?

It’s also funny to me that automating jobs is considered bad. We should want robots to do all the work and we humans can just enjoy our lives.
Agreed but only if we have a good plan for how to implement it without throwing large groups of people into poverty

Productivity has dramatically outpaced compensation. If anything we should be pushing for shorter work weeks and allow people to have freedom to enjoy their lives.

It’s also funny to me that automating jobs is considered bad. We should want robots to do all the work and we humans can just enjoy our lives. But no, people need jobs or else how will they be exploited?

Automation is bad because eventually the machines will turn on humans and wipe us out like in Terminator or the Matrix.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Ok, just for the record, I bought a dozen cage free, decent quality eggs for $3.99

Like I don’t know who‘s buying golden, rainbow infused eggs that are 100% organic, free range, from chickens who were clinically certified as “happy” by board certified chicken psychologists that cost like $10+

• Haha
Chicken meat has been relatively cheap. I have not bought eggs all month.

My pasture raised eggs that I typically buy went from $6-7/dz pre-pandemic to $11/dz today.

I switched to just organic/cage-free (CA SEFS compliant) and am back to $5.49/dz or so. Probably cheaper at Costco.