Mcg early decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnymoxon

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how long it's supposed to take Mcg to get back with the people that they deferred for early decision? I guess they sort of slowed down admissions after edp was over, but they should be sending out more acceptances soon. Hopefully they wont make us wait too much longer.

Members don't see this ad.

i was wondering the same.

Hi guys!

Thought I would resurrect an old thread.

Is anyone else here applying to MCG through the early decision program?

-X

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't know but I would think they wouldn't wait too long

i know from a friend at MCG that they have started to offer interviews to the EDP kids already...

I have sent in the secondary but not heard back since.

I am just about to finish up my secondary and send it off today. I know that they are already doing interviews for EDP because I read about someone on another post who has one. Good luck to everybody! I hope this year is better for me than last year.

good luck guys!! keep hope alive.

hey guys...yeah i got an interview as an EDP set up for Thursday, August 19th....hopefully everything goes well for all of you:)

Reactions: 1 user
PhatGtDmB said:
hey guys...yeah i got an interview as an EDP set up for Thursday, August 19th....hopefully everything goes well for all of you:)

Were all of your LORs turned in when you got your interview invitation?

PhatGtDmB said:

Were all of your LORs turned in when you got your interview invitation?

Members don't see this ad :)
actually when they contacted me via email NONE of my lors were in....if i remember correctly they want everything else as soon as possible and the lor's by sept. 1st but yeah I definitly had no lor's in when i got the email...hope that helps

Last year when I got an interview regular decision, all of my lors weren't in then either. I guess they send invitations anyway because the interviews are closed.

Is there an online secondary or are you supposed to fill it out by hand?

you have to fill it out by hand:( a real pain in the ass :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

If you ahev adobe acrobat (the real thing, not the free reader) you can type stuff into the PDF. It costs about $60 at most school stores. I have it at work, which has been a real blessing!

-X

jazger said:
Is there an online secondary or are you supposed to fill it out by hand?

Last year, I was able to type stuff directly into the PDF. This year was a different story. I had to hand write it. I don't know if MCG didn't format the file the same or what, but it was a pain in the ass. It's done now! I sent mine off last night! :)

You are right jennymd_ - this year it was not as easy to do because of how it was formatted.

As you guys hear back - please let us know.

Well, just FYI (and to bump this thread up!) I finally got the secondary yesterday. They has sent it to the wrong e-mail address! In fact, they sent it to a non-existing e-mail address.

Well, better late than never I suppose...

-X

I applied early decision...haven't heard about the interview as of yet!!

I'm still working on my secondary (I'm not ED). I am waiting on my personal reference people to reply back to me. Very frustrating!

MCG will invite you for an interview even if your letters of recommendation are not in. Your secondary has to be completed and sent for an interview, though.

Just FYI.

-X

jazger said:
I'm still working on my secondary (I'm not ED). I am waiting on my personal reference people to reply back to me. Very frustrating!

Im applying to mcg for the regular cycle. Am I mistaken in that they require two additional "personal references" in addition to my committee letter that has 7 LORs. This is the only school that has required additional letter... :thumbdown:

Call to make sure, but I think MCG wants you to use their forms. Get two or more of your recommenders to fill out the form and send it to MCG. If you don't have a pre-med committee letter get another recommender to fill out the form. This was my situation. I didn't have a pre-med committee letter writer so they just told me to get another professor to write a letter.

But call them to verify. Just in case.

-X

pratik7 said:
Im applying to mcg for the regular cycle. Am I mistaken in that they require two additional "personal references" in addition to my committee letter that has 7 LORs. This is the only school that has required additional letter... :thumbdown:

xanthines said:
MCG will invite you for an interview even if your letters of recommendation are not in. Your secondary has to be completed and sent for an interview, though.

Just FYI.

-X

I didn't know that. That makes me feel a little better about my committee letter that won't be in until September. Thanks! :)

xanthines said:
Call to make sure, but I think MCG wants you to use their forms. Get two or more of your recommenders to fill out the form and send it to MCG. If you don't have a pre-med committee letter get another recommender to fill out the form. This was my situation. I didn't have a pre-med committee letter writer so they just told me to get another professor to write a letter.

But call them to verify. Just in case.

-X

Hmm...I'm nervous now. My school has their own waiver form to fill out with individual LORs, so I didn't have the MCG form filled out. Instead I wrote "Please see attached letter" and sent it to my school's career center. The ppl there then sent out their waiver form (filled out), MCG's form (unfilled), and my LORs. Did I do something wrong? Maybe that is why I haven't heard anything back yet....(nervousness increases as I type).

awaiting said:
Hmm...I'm nervous now. My school has their own waiver form to fill out with individual LORs, so I didn't have the MCG form filled out. Instead I wrote "Please see attached letter" and sent it to my school's career center. The ppl there then sent out their waiver form (filled out), MCG's form (unfilled), and my LORs. Did I do something wrong? Maybe that is why I haven't heard anything back yet....(nervousness increases as I type).

I understand, same deal here (are you also from Emory?) If you are from Emory, my understanding from speaking to Brynn at the career center is that MCG is kind of lenient with the recommendation forms/LORs from Emory so long as you send in the MCG-specific forms to the career center with the top part filled out; they take care of the rest after that.

I was also from Emory (a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away) and that's what MCG told me. I wasn't aware that you could just hand in the form and Emory would take care of the rest. Emory never told me that! And after I gave them $80!!! Bastards! :p

I'd still call MCG just to make sure. You don't want the only thing holding your app up to be a missing LOR.

-X

bidster said:
I understand, same deal here (are you also from Emory?) If you are from Emory, my understanding from speaking to Brynn at the career center is that MCG is kind of lenient with the recommendation forms/LORs from Emory so long as you send in the MCG-specific forms to the career center with the top part filled out; they take care of the rest after that.

xanthines said:
I was also from Emory (a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away) and that's what MCG told me. I wasn't aware that you could just hand in the form and Emory would take care of the rest. Emory never told me that! And after I gave them $80!!! Bastards! :p

I'd still call MCG just to make sure. You don't want the only thing holding your app up to be a missing LOR.

-X

Good guess. I'm actually a reapplicant this year. Last year, I had the MCG forms signed by the letter writers, but I got lazy this year and took a chance. Besides, I don't think I can find one of the recommenders since I last spoke with him. I may end up calling MCG to be sure. I'll write back a response if it's any different from what the rest of you are saying.

My question now is, how often are the interviews conducted for EPD applicants?

Bump!! Hey, I work at MCG, so when you guys come..PM me and maybe we can meet!! We may interview on the same day?!! (when I get An invite!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hi guys!

I was wondering how long it took to get an interview invite after sending in the secondary. I just sent mine off this morning. I ask because I will be sort of near Augusta the week after Labor Day and would like to schedule an interview then so I don't have to back out there a second time. Has anyone ever heard MCG being this flexible on interviews?

Thanks and good luck!

-X

I just got notified yesterday that I was invited to an interview. It was nine days exactly after they got my info. When they emailed me, they told me when my interview date was. I'm sure though that they will be flexible with interview dates if you are in the area. They have always been so friendly whenever I have contacted them.

Today will be the 33rd day since they rec'd my info - no word for me yet.

Thanks for the update, jennymd_

So anyone heard anything Early admission-wise for the 2011 class? *raises hands* "I command thee--post--revive thyself!"

killerantfarm said:
So anyone heard anything Early admission-wise for the 2011 class? *raises hands* "I command thee--post--revive thyself!"

Why wake the dead?

I didn't have any problems typing it in and printing it afterwards. Maybe you need to update your adobe reader (I have 7.0) and you DON"T need to pay $60 for it. It is free.

jennymd_ said:
Last year, I was able to type stuff directly into the PDF. This year was a different story. I had to hand write it. I don't know if MCG didn't format the file the same or what, but it was a pain in the ass. It's done now! I sent mine off last night! :)

stinastina said:
I didn't have any problems typing it in and printing it afterwards. Maybe you need to update your adobe reader (I have 7.0) and you DON"T need to pay $60 for it. It is free.

Im sure JennyMD appreciates your answer to her question. Alas, I think she passed the due date for her 2004 EDP application.

DadofDr2B said:
I thought you would find this interesting. My daughter is a MSIII at MCG and I sent her this message.

http://mdapplicants.com/schoolsummary.php?schoolid=36&a=1

http://mdapplicants.com/schoolsummary.php?schoolid=36&a=0

Getting tougher to get in based on this sampling.

Your Dad

Good luck to all of you.

The stats on MDapplicants and SDN are generally inflated. When I interviewed last year they said the averages from the previous year was a 30.2 and a 3.6.

Still pretty tough....

I got an e-mail interview invite on 8/11/2006 for an interview on 8/21/2006, I am applying early decision.

DCDAWG said:
Im sure JennyMD appreciates your answer to her question. Alas, I think she passed the due date for her 2004 EDP application.

:laugh: I didn't even notice the date on the post !

S_Talos said:
I got an e-mail interview invite on 8/11/2006 for an interview on 8/21/2006, I am applying early decision.

I applied regular decision. Here I am thinking all these people are on their way this year but it looks like you are the first for 2007 !!
Good luck on your interview ! :luck: