MCG Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ermonty

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my interview offer from MCG. Anyone interview there for non EDP yet? Has anyone stayed with a medstudent the night before? If so - is it worth doing? Any other info. on MCG's (MEDICAL SCHOOL) interview would be helpful. I mention medical school specifically cause the interview feedback portion of SDN does't seperate medical from dental. Thanks.

Eric

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew my application when they offerred me an interview, but my roommate went to his interview, and here is what tidbits I do know.

1) He didn't stay with a student (he never plans ahead for interview trips unless flights are required). However, I've stayed with students at other schools and have found it really valuable. I suggest you do it.

2) There are two interviews. One with an adcom member and and a second with a faculty member. All they know is your name (and you have to tell them your name). (as closed file as it gets). Typically the faculty interview is less stressful than the adcom one, but my roommate got drilled during his faculty interview, so be ready for anything. My roommate has been to 7 interviews, and he said this was the most stressful by far.

3) Your day is done around 4. You have one interview in the morning and the other in the afternoon. The last interviews start at 3pm (although most interview at 2pm).

That's about all I know. Good luck.

One of the interviews is particularly laid back and the other is somewhat more stressful.. Overall, they work hard to put you at ease so just be yourself.

What date is your interview? I'm just curious as to see how far back they have them scheduled at this point..

Rampant

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite from them also, last week by email. They are scheduling them for the first week in December.

I think they just started interiewing recently for regular decision. When I got my invite (2 weeks ago), they gave me a one week notice. It is pretty freaky that they ahve already scheduled through november.

My interview is Friday 11/15/02. A friend of mine who interviewed @ MCG last week said that the admissions comm. meets @ the end of the month to make decisions. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to stay with a medical student. I just have this image of the person I stay with keeping me up till 3am and then I have to sleep on a big fluffy couch that I sink into b/t the cushions, and that there's a cat flopping around on my face. Granted this would be worst case scenario, but I think that I would be more comfortable with a good nights sleep @ a motel so that I'm bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next day. I think my decision would be easier if I knew that I will get adequate time to talk with medical students (that aren't part of the guided tour) during the day of the interview.

I stayed at a local hotel.. The Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn's are within walking distance of the school.. I know one person that stayed with a group and enjoyed it, though I'm not sure if they were really rested..

Interview - One morning, then tour, then lunch, then afternoon..

Good Luck

Personally, I've found that hotel beds are less comfortable than the couches I've slept on. You can call if the person has pets, a comfy couch, or smokes.

As for being rested, it is highly overrated. The med students I have stayed with go to sleep around midnight because they have 8am classes to got to (or study). Just make sure you are sober.