mcg or mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jennymd_

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody heard from either one? If so, when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed at MCG on Nov 1st and havent heard back yet. I have not interviewed or heard anything from Mercer. Sadly, i really wanted to go there.

You know if mercer is still sending out invites?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure that Mercer is still interviewing, but when they stop inviting I don't know. I really like Mercer too and hope to hear good things. Good luck! I hope you get called for an invite. When did you turn all of your stuff in? It took about 6-8 weeks after they received all of my info for them to contact me. Don't give up hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
pratik7 said:
i interviewed at MCG on Nov 1st and havent heard back yet. I have not interviewed or heard anything from Mercer. Sadly, i really wanted to go there.

You know if mercer is still sending out invites?

Last year I interviewed at MCG in october and didn't hear back until the begining of march. Several people I know didnt get in until quite a bit later than that. So no worries yet!

As for Mercer one of my roommates interviewed there last thurs. so they are definately still interviewing. I think she only had a little over a week's notice too.

jennymd_ said:
It took about 6-8 weeks after they received all of my info for them to contact me.

haha...i have been complete for almost 6 months. Good luck to you in the process

I was complete with both schools in November. I was invited to interview at Mercer in January for February 8th. They informed us during the interview that they were having to add more interview dates to their original schedule so they are definitely still interviewing. I haven't heard from MCG yet except for an email last week saying my file was under review and I would be contacted if chosen for an interview. So looks like I have another wait in front of me.

I interviewed at MCG in October and was accepted a few weeks later in mid November, so I was under the impression that they had a fast turn-around time. However, one of the other posts on this thread mentioned interviewing in October and not hearing til March, and I recently spoke to a freind who said it took them over 2 months to contact her. So I definitely would stay hopeful because it sounds like the timing (or lack thereof) has much more to do with them than you. Good luck.

I was in the first week of regular decision interviews to MCG and I've still not heard a thing. I called two weeks ago and they said they had still not reviewed my application in committee - fantastic. So, I guess we'll just see.

hopeful32 said:
I was in the first week of regular decision interviews to MCG and I've still not heard a thing. I called two weeks ago and they said they had still not reviewed my application in committee - fantastic. So, I guess we'll just see.

How did you find out that you're application had not been brought in front of the committee? Who did you call? Thanks for any information.

saildawg said:
How did you find out that you're application had not been brought in front of the committee? Who did you call? Thanks for any information.

I just called the admissions office and asked about my status. She pulled up my file and was able to tell me. She also said they have tons more meetings, so not to worry.

I Am Having A Hard Time Deciding Between Mercer And Mcg? Do Y'all Think That Either One Is Better Or Would Be Better With Respect To Residency?

triciatmd said:
I Am Having A Hard Time Deciding Between Mercer And Mcg? Do Y'all Think That Either One Is Better Or Would Be Better With Respect To Residency?

Mercer...check the other post for details

I have interviewed with both schools, Mercer on 1-20-2011, and MCG on 1-26-2011.

I completed my MCG file in October, but my Mercer file wasn't complete until November...going to the courthouse to get my residency form was a pain in the butt that I put off, as Mercer was not my first choice at that point. My opinion was dramatically changed for the better on my interview day.

I am waiting anxiously to hear back from both. So far I got a form email from Mercer indicating that the committee meets on the third Wednesday of every month, so I'm hoping to hear something by the end of next week (2/16-2/18).

My MCG interviewer told me bluntly that they are terribly backed up since the holidays, and also due to snow days. He gave me the impression that i shouldn't expect for my file to be reviewed for quite some time, a minimum of four weeks.

I am feeling very stressed by the additional pressure of multiple campuses. If accepted to both Mercer and MCG, then you have to decide without knowing what campus you will be assigned to (as Mercer has both Macon and Savannah campuses, MCG has both Augusta and Athens)? I'm getting the impression that holding multiple acceptances is common practice, for financial aid reasons...wonder if campus assignments are made before May 15th (deadline to choose between multiple acceptances).