McGill Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plugger

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well guys I made it.
I was accepted into McGill in Montreal and am waiting to be interview at Toronto and Western. I accepted the offer and I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the school.....dental education wise. I am really excited and I would like to thank everyone who has helped along the way. The class at McGill is very small: 29 students. In addition I will be receiving a scholarship to go to McGill so thats a big plus too. The city is safe and the people are very nice but I'm not sure about the education. It is very medicine based and I am a little worried.....Pre clinical studies....that is, anything about the oral pathology or treatment isn't even covered until January of Second year. Third and Fourth year look like pure clinical though so that's a plus. If anyone knows anything please reply. Take it easy and good luck to everyone.
later

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Plugger,

Looks like I'll be joining you in McGill this August unless you decide to go to the Ontario schools. I checked out the clinics when I was there and spoke to a few 4th years. They said the medical background is helpful and prof-student ratio in the last two years is helpful. Preclinical time is short compared to western and UofT, but they didn't feel it was a big deal. I had similar concerns as yourself, but I've been told by UofT grads that McGill's clinical is better. Based on dentists and grads that I've spoken with from different schools, I think Western is the best school for operative dentistry, but Montreal is one of the most vibrant and exciting cities in the world. The opportunity to live there for 4 years is too good to pass up, especially when you check out the tuition - unbelievable!!!

The US schools are good, but I'm pretty excited about staying in Canada!!! Thanks for everybody's help and input throughout the process.