McGill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many out-of-province (Canadian) applicants does McGill usually interview? Or, if anyone knows how many international applicants McGill interviews, that would help, too.

PS. I'm asking because I just received an interview invitation from McGill as an out-of-province (Canadian) applicant and I'm wondering what my chances of getting accepted are.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! I'm waiting to hear something from McGill as an out-of-province (Canadian) applicant. Did you receive the invitation via regular mail? When was it postmarked? Thanks, and good luck!

i'm waiting for mine too

i believe they accept 25 students from us and 5 from oop

Members don't see this ad :)
One more question -- do you know if McGill sends its interview invitations all in one batch (specifically for OOP applicants)? Thanks :)

Hi premed2002, I received my invitation on Jan 14th (Monday). It was sent via "Priority Courier".

I know McGill accepts 5 OOP students every year, but what I want to know is how many students McGill actually interviews for those 5 spots.

Hey KK,

I recently interviewed at McGill as an American, and I have heard that they interview 20 out of province students. These will be conducted later this month and the invites have probably been sent out this week.
Also, those OOPs who applied for MD/PhD interviewed last week.

You should know that it is very competetive from out of province, but a few top students get in each year.

Another Canadian med school admissions board said that OOP interviews have already been conducted. Are you sure they're later this month? Unfortunately, I haven't received an interview invitation yet -- is there still hope? Thanks a lot.

Hi premed2002,

I think you still have hope because McGill usually doesn't interview OOP applicants until the end of Feb. I was surprised to have my interview so early (Jan 28th), but I applied to the MD/PhD program instead of just the regular MD program. Maybe that's why I got mine early. Good luck!

Hi premed2002,

I think you still have hope because McGill usually doesn't interview OOP applicants until the end of Feb. I was surprised to have my interview so early (Jan 28th), but I applied to the MD/PhD program instead of just the regular MD program. Maybe that's why I got mine early. Good luck!

I interviewed at McGill as out-of-province applicants a couple years ago. 20 sounds like a good figure to me in terms of how many OOP they interview. I believe McGill interviews OOP only on two consecutive Fridays, and that's it! Yes, from the lady in the office, I think they accept 5-7 OOP's (1 for MD/MBA, a couple for MD/PhD and a couple for straight MD).