mcgraw-hill PCAT book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

airbornemedic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is the mcgraw-hill PCAT book any useful? and what's a good book for studying the verbal and reading section and calculus? I still have my high school notes and first year calculus notes, is there any other book I should get? I also have my textbook here: http://www.049501169x.com/, is this any good? it's got integration, differentiation by parts, la hiptal's rule, a bit of logarithms
functions, limits, derivatives, integrals, first-order differential equations, so i need to know series and anything else like that?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I just got my McGraw-Hill PCAT book in the mail a few weeks ago and have only been able to glance through it. It looks pretty useful so far so buy it at your own discretion. It is still new and hasn't been reviewed by me or others.

As for calculus, I know it doesn't cover too much advanced calculus like what you would find in Calculus II (i.e. the topics you mentioned). I doubt L'Hopital's rule and advanced integration would be there. Remember, it's Calculus AND Pre-Calculus... As well as probability, statistics, and algebra... As a result, it's not going to focus too much on one or the other I would imagine. This what I know from knowledge of the test and I'm sure if you ask others, they will verify this.

-gzahalan.

I got the McGraw Book. It seems pretty useful, but I am using this in addition to the Dr. Collins Self Study Guides. So I read the self-study guides as a review, then use McGraw hill to fill in the details. It just came out in November 2008, so some people may not be familiar with it yet...

Hey,
I just got my McGraw-Hill PCAT book in the mail a few weeks ago and have only been able to glance through it. It looks pretty useful so far so buy it at your own discretion. It is still new and hasn't been reviewed by me or others.

As for calculus, I know it doesn't cover too much advanced calculus like what you would find in Calculus II (i.e. the topics you mentioned). I doubt L'Hopital's rule and advanced integration would be there. Remember, it's Calculus AND Pre-Calculus... As well as probability, statistics, and algebra... As a result, it's not going to focus too much on one or the other I would imagine. This what I know from knowledge of the test and I'm sure if you ask others, they will verify this.

-gzahalan.

For those of you who have this book, how does the organic chemistry section look? I'm looking for a supplement to Kaplan and I might plunk down the money if it has a decent section.

I haven't gotten to that section yet, but just glimpsing at it, it seems to be thorough enough...I'm doing my review gradually, and focusing on some of the equation stuff in General Chemistry right now, though...

For those of you who have this book, how does the organic chemistry section look? I'm looking for a supplement to Kaplan and I might plunk down the money if it has a decent section.