1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

MCP and TEMPLE

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by A. Caveman, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Hi. does anybody here go to either of those schools? I would really appreciate some input, especially on Temple. i have an interview there but it seems like there's no tour or anything before the interview...i just show up at a certain time and interview. so i won't have an opportunity to meet with you temple students to ask about pros and cons of your school. could you tell me a few things?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sniper

Sniper Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

When I interviewed last year, they did give a group tour of the hospital and the medical school. It was after my interview.

4. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I spent 3 years in philadelphia(nasty place to live) at the mcp/hahnemann pa program and also rotated through temple and several temple affiliated hospitals.
    if you can stand being in philly, both schools are good. temple is in a ghetto, but otherwise is fine. hahnemann has a nice downtown hospital complex campus and mcp has a medical school facility in a nice area by the art museum

5. mcphuguy

mcphuguy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi, I'm an MCPHU student (3rd year). I think the difference between these schools is neglible as far as one's aspirations for job/residency. FYI, we will be merged with Drexel on Feb. 27th, or at least that's when it will be approved. The merger should start on July 1 of this year, and from reading the minutes of the meetings from the Merger Committee at Drexel/MCPHU, my sense is that the school will be renamed the Drexel University College of Medicine, or something very close to that.

MSIII