MCP Hahnemann HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shirazsyrah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I really liked MCP, but have gotten into BU, Tufts, and Georgetown. I dont like Boston, so it'll end up MCP vs. GT. Question: why are the USMLE scores so low w/ all the high tech stuff and 24 hr facilities available. Also, I've been reading the SDN forums on anything dealing w/ MCP vs. other schools and people say not to go to MCP, that the students had merely "settled" on MCP. Can yall refute this, or do you think I'd be better off at GT?

Members don't see this ad.

go with YOUR thoughts and impressions of the school, not what other people think. i absolutely loved mcphu when i was there, and i am now 90% sure that i will be at mcp in the fall. with that said, don't listen to me either.

do you really think that your board scores will be higher if you went to harvard?

When I interviewed there the Dean of Admissions explained that the pass rate last year was 85%, lower than it's ever been. He said that a third of the class (those in problem-based learning track) had a 70% pass rate, but that those in the more traditional track had a more typical 93-95% pass rate. He mentioned that in previous years students in problem-based learning had perfomed as well as everyone else and that last years results were an aberration from past patterns. Does make you wonder about PBL at Hahnemann, but I wouldn't let it influence your decision too much. I was impressed with Hahnemann when I was there, but what do have against Boston?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would pick Georgetown.

I have heard it is far superior to MCP. I live in Philly and I don't hear the greatest things.

My friend got into MCP and Georgetown last year and she choose Georgetown.

AK

for those of you who were accepted, how long after the interview did you receive the acceptance letter?

Hey psyche, nothing against boston at all, love. It just wasnt for me. Boston reminded me of New Orleans, where I currently live, in size. Need something a little bit bigger that's all. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.