MCP Hahnemann???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

br0wney3z

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about that Med School(MCP Hahnemann)?? I have seen ZERO information with regards to it, apart from what I have read about them which isn't much. So if anyone has some useful tips, stats, opinions, etc., I'd greatly appreciate it.

While I'm at it...another nagging question...

So earlier in my college career, I sort of got into trouble, I got a DUI and as a result (and some other issues) my grades fell, they didn't plummet, but they took a nose dive. Anyway, my question is, should I even bother bringing that up as a reason for my grades dropping when I interview, or should I just let it slide. I mean I learned a lot about myself and life in general going through the whole process, and I feel that I am a better person for it today, but would bringing up such an issue jeopardize my chances, or will my personal growth from the experience 'enhance' my chances?????

Members don't see this ad.

This is my opinion, but I think it would be worthwhile to mention what you have gained/lost from your experience. We're all human and we make mistakes, I don't think adcoms expect us to be perfect.

Also, I think MCP Hahnemann is now Drexel University College of Medicine.

Best wishes.

Scoob

Yeah, MCP Hahnemann is now Drexel. I interviewed there in January and got in (but turned it down). The school has a lot of interesting programs, but kind of crappy facilities (the building where year 1 & 2 classes are is out in the middle of a residential neighborhood, not connected w/ a campus or hospitals; the gym was the size of my closet, etc.). It also has a huge class size (I think 250 or something crazy like that).

This isn't meant to turn you off; as a school it has a lot to offer and the faculty I talked with were really nice and enthusiastic about their institution. I'm sure they have a website where you can get more info.