MCPH-- where are all the rejections?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by WaitingImpatiently, Feb 21, 2002.

1. WaitingImpatiently

WaitingImpatiently Long Member

I just looked at the end of the accepted/WL/rejected thread, and something caught my eye-- 9 accepted, 1 WL, 1 rejected from MCPH. How is that possible? The MSAR says that they interview almost 1400 applicants and only have a class of 237. Those odds sure don't look very good. Could it be that the school sends out the majority of its rejections late in the process?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. daisygirl

daisygirl woof

Arghhh! I have not heard a peep from MCPH since they told me that my application was complete(and that was a long time ago). I bet they are waiting to send a huge batch of rejection letters.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. megkudos

megkudos Senior Member

Yep, the rejection is coming soon I'm sure. I've been complete since September 10th and heard nothing.....

5. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member

MCP is interiviewing through April. I had 8 people on my day back in October, but my friend who interviewed in December had about 25. I think it just depends what the day is like so there is still hope. Oh, my friend also got rejected post interview, so they do reject.

6. Ben01

Ben01 Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by WaitingImpatiently:
    <strong>I just looked at the end of the accepted/WL/rejected thread, and something caught my eye-- 9 accepted, 1 WL, 1 rejected from MCPH. How is that possible? The MSAR says that they interview almost 1400 applicants and only have a class of 237. Those odds sure don't look very good. Could it be that the school sends out the majority of its rejections late in the process?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">actually those statistics are pretty good. Those statistics mean that about 17% of applicants get accepted AND matriculate. But of course they accept more people than they have spaces because not everyone decides to go there even if accepted. So, their acceptance rate is probably in the 20s. Not bad.

7. trout

trout Senior Member

I just got my acceptance interviewed early dec dated feb 18th....I think they are way behind...

8. ssd

ssd Senior Member

hey trout...where do ya live?

i was told a week ago friday that a decision was made and that a letter would be sent out last monday (although it really would have been tuesday because of the holiday). the secretary even went so far as to tell me that i would be pleased with the contents, which has made the waiting that much worse. i am in california, which could account for a bit of a delay assuming that you live somewhere much closer to philly.