Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MCPHU vs. State School Revisited

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by castaway, May 30, 2002.

1. castaway

castaway Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey people--

I don't mean to bore you, but I little input from you, especially current med students, may help me overcome the dilemma I find myself in. I have been accepted to one of my state schools (Texas Tech) and to MCP Hahnemann. Before I got the MCP acceptance, I had pretty much convinced myself that Texas Tech was the way to go--it's a decent school with very low tuition and good clinicals.

However, with the arrival of an acceptance from MCP I am no longer sure of what to do. MCP is much more costly than Tech (and money is a big deal to me) and living in Philly would be more expensive than Lubbock and El Paso (where Tech has medical campuses), but seems to be more well-known and has a highly diverse student body that does very well in the residency match. Would I be insane to give up my state school to go to Hahnemann?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aldo16

aldo16 Member

Nope because I may give up my state school (EVMS) to go to Hahnemann.....

So either you're not insane, or somebody should toss both of us into a padded cell before we hurt ourselves....