MCV question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bigbuddieMD, Mar 26, 2002.

1. bigbuddieMD

bigbuddieMD Member

Anybody know what "hold for admission means exactly"? Does that mean I am going back to the Ad com for a second run...or am I going to the 2ndary ad com.? Any facts would be helpful. Thanks much, BigBuddie

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eagle26

eagle26 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    As far as my understanding goes, hold simply means that the admission committee is waiting until the next round to tell you what your status is. For example, a few weeks after my interview my status page said that the committee has reviewed my application and that I'm put on hold for a possible acceptance, rejection, or waitlist. Your file does not go back for a second review (as far as I know). Everbody is put on hold until they do their next round(s). Unfortunately, you can never know your status just by that info. Best of luck to you, and I hope to see you there this summer.

P.S. Did your status page say that the committee has met and reviewed your file?

Joe

4. bigbuddieMD

bigbuddieMD Member

Joe

Hey...yeah thanks for the info...it did say exactly what your note said...or so it would seem from you have said here. It said the committee had met and reviewed my file. So I guess...this doesn't really mean anything...except that they are going to look at it again later....hmmm. However...one of my friends said...although I doubt him a bit...that he talked to the dean and she said this meant that the committee had said yes but that it was now going to another committee for them to approve it. Thanks for your help. Hope to see you there in Aug. Bigbuddie

5. labrynth79

labrynth79 Senior Member

Hey bigbuddieMD,

Did you get this new updated message today? oh no . . . does this mean i've been rejected? i interviewed on the last day that they had interviews, and I don't know what to think. :( stressed and worried.
    but made it to "senior member" status on SDN, so there is some basis for celebrating! :D

6. bigbuddieMD

bigbuddieMD Member

What was the exact date of your interview? I had mine on the 6th of this month. I just yesterday got this message. So that is like ~3 weeks. If you came after me...which I am sure you did...it would seem logical that you would hear the same thing I did later on in the game. I would not sweat it much if you have not gotten this message...since i don't think it really means much...you are out of state right? Just curious but did they tell you how many seats were left...and also if they were in state out of state? Good luck with it...ohh yeah and good job on the senior member status...might want to let med schools know about that...heheh. lata

7. bigbuddieMD

bigbuddieMD Member

8. labrynth79

labrynth79 Senior Member

Well, I also received that "hold for possible acceptance" message.

I did learn that by the last day of interviewing (my day), there were ~ 42 spots still available, but I am not sure about the number of out of state applicants/spots there were. I regret not doing so, but I felt like a weiner and didn't want to call the school about it. Have you?

In a thread some time back, there was a posting that the final round was going to be April 1, 2002 (tomorrow!). so, if this is true, we should be hearing soon.

And if your friend was right about the hold being an "acceptance", then maybe i'll be seeing you there next year! good luck :)