MCV/VCU Final Round- info + question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I got in

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just called the admissions office they said that the final batch will be decided on april 1st.
The person also told me that they are voting on my rank (1-5) right now. So, Can I call them to check my numeric stats?
Any advice will be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

They will not tell you your rank; don't even ask.

Joe

yeah, the dean went into a brief monologue of why they didn't give out numerical rankings to applicants. something to do with comparing stats with other applicants, etc. this, in turn, caused much stress and grief to the applicants. now, would be ACTUALLY do that!? hee hee. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
On another note, for all of those waiting for the upcoming final round, I sincerely wish you all the best of luck. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! I look forward to meeting all of you as my classmates and colleagues at MCV!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Joe

Bring it on baby.

Good luck everyone!

I am sorry to kill ppl's mood... do you know they are still offering interview....??? I received the e-mail last month that they will schedule me an interivew in 6-8 weeks.. but never heard a word since.. maybe they are giving me false hope then...... :(

So if anyone know, please post. :p

Hey ppl

I am waiting to hear from mcv as well. Does anyone know the admissions office phone number? I want to call and see if I can find out any info on my place in line/my score/other facts to make me calm as I wait. Thanks all. Good luck luck and hope to see you at MCV, Peter

j2001

I meant to ask...since you are from Maryland...did I interview with you? Whats the first letter of your first name? If I did...hey man good luck...I am still waiting as well. Peace, Peter

bigbuddieMD:

Originally posted by eagle26:
They will not tell you your rank; don't even ask.

At the informational talk the morning of the interview I remember the Dean telling us that they don't tell applicants their rank. :(
Labrynth79 commented on this also on this post.

But anyways their phone number is: (804)828-9629

BigbuddyMD: when did you interview, I interviewed on feb 26th.
I am from maryland. Go Terps-Now, if you know me then this will mean a lot.
Good luck
Are you the super smart MD/PhD candidate in our group?
And, my first initial is "J".

Hey yall

Thanks for the info. J...no I had my interview shortly after you...but there was a guy in my group who was from MD and I think his 1st name started with J. Good luck anyway though. Ohh and yes I know that I can't get my rank...however I would bet i can get other info...I have my ways...hehehe. Lata and thanks, Pete