MCV/VCU... Round 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C U in MD school

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So when is this round suppose to start?

I heard that it is going to be mid month and this would be the last round.

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm I was wondering too...anybody know for sure?

all I know is that I got an email 1 week ago saying that they wanna interview me in 6-8 weeks. So I guess then I am the last round.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same e-mail about 2 weeks ago. It's going to be way too late in the game for me...they can kiss my a$$, I already have 3 acceptances. But for those who don't already have an acceptance or have a burning desire to go to MCV there you might want to consider going. Good Luck!!

ok, so none of us know :) i hope we all hear good news soon! lets keep each other posted :clap:

They said NO earlier then March 15th, but more than likely will be end of March. And yes, this is the last batch, after this it will be waiting list time.

It's funny that they've gotten less and less specific about it--it's like they are sick of people bugging them :)

They told me last week that next round will go out around or after March 15...
Does anyone know how many out of state spots they are going to accept this time?
Once again it's time to wait wait and wait.
Good luck to everyone and I hope we all get in.

You out of staters got lucky this year!!

With all the budget cuts VCU has faced, I heard from a person who lives with a committee member that they have taken more out of staters then ususal so they can get the higher tuition rate. $11,000 verses $23,000. Not a bad way to make a profit.

As with all 3rd person info, take it with a grain of salt. I only report things, I don't guarantee the acuracy.

i wouldn't believe that stat amy beth. the day i was there the dean told us exactly how many in-state and out-of-state spots there are this year. it's something like 73 spots for out-of-state, if i remember correctly

i concede then. i would swear that the dean gave some number in the 70's for the number of out-of-state spots for this year. if it was indeed 58 last year, then that certainly is a substantial increase. hooray for all of us non-virginia residents!!!

I would have to agree with amy beth. An admissions officer told me the same thing.

So i talked to the admissions office today and they said we have to wait until about mid April for the next batch....And after that the waiting list will be in affect unitl orientation.
This wait is killing me.....AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

mid-april?? :( :( you've got to be kidding...
oh well, patience is a virtue we must all learn to cultivate