1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCV/VCU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by I got in, Feb 24, 2002.

1. I got in

I got in Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have an interview at VCU this tuesday. Can anybody tell mewhat time the day ends?
    Also, is the interview stressful?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eagle26

eagle26 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The day ends about 2, and no, the interview is not stressful. Keep in mind, that the interview is "open-file", so the interviewer will have you grades, MCAT scores, etc. in front of him or her. That could be a little intimidating. What's helpful to remember is that the interviewer is your advocate: it's in your best interest to just "sell yourself" and openly explain any discrepancies (grades, etc). Hope this helps.

Joe

4. dukeblue01

dukeblue01 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Mr. Reses is right on. One very relaxed one on one interview. View it as a get to know you time that you can really take advantage of and show your stuff. And definitely voice your opinion on anything funny in your file. I had one bad semester, and my interviewer was great about it. She had me explain it exactly how she would present it to the committee if asked. Great school. :)

5. I got in

I got in Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks Joseph Reeses and ddukeBlue01.
    Wish me luck.