Mcv......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdie

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody have the scoop on when mcv will give out their next batch?

Members don't see this ad.

birdie,

Ask God the next time you see him. I certainly don't know. I'm not even sure if the MCV adcom itself really knows.

Hang in there,

tpf

If you're out of state and get an interview this year, I really think you'll get in. The odds are certainly on your side. When state school waitlists in new york, california, and florida start to move there will be a great deal of people in at MCV give up their spot. There will also be lots of people in a good spot on the mcv waitlist give up their spot too, moving the rest of the waitlist crowd up. I recieved an offer by email a short while ago, and at that point had no interest in going.

Members don't see this ad :)
Meanderson, what do ya mean by a short while ago? They already gave our their february acceptances? :(

birdie, nah...I recieved an interview offer for what I guess was the final date they are supposed to be interviewing this cycle. I declined the interview. I don't think they have sent out feb acceptances yet.

birdie,
I am also waiting...:confused:
I have not received anything and I have been told that they will send out the feb. offers on Feb. 16. But again, I have not received anything yet. Good luck... :)

I called today and they said they expected to send out offers sometime this week. We'll see I guess. Good luck everyone.

Someone PM me when they hear news of the next round of acceptances! I'm tired of waiting.

~Abbiequeen! :)

I got my acceptance today!! :clap:

I hope everyone else gets good news!

Congratulation, mythili :clap: :clap: :clap:

I also received the acceptance today, too!! :clap:

Are ya'll that got in planning on going to mcv?

Congratulations... :clap: :clap: :clap:

can you guyz please list your stats ....

Thankx...

:thumbup:

:)

Did your offer come via snail mail or on their website? I interviewed 2/11, and my application status is the same, I wonder what that means.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got placed on hold, found out on the 13th, sigh. it's been nine months now, perhaps the most depressing nine months, but i guess ya always gotta keep your head up. congrats to those of you that made it. peace.

Originally posted by st85
Did your offer come via snail mail or on their website? I interviewed 2/11, and my application status is the same, I wonder what that means.

st85,

all correspondences by vcu are done by the status page on their website. you'll get an email informing you to check the website for your status. i've been following their trend, and usually emails get sent out at 3:10-3:15am pst, which is bout 6ish am on the east coast. you might be hearing back from them during the next batch, which is prob sometime in mid-march. wish you all the best.

for those, who were accepted, what day did you interview? st85, i also interviewed on 2/11. There were 8 total people in our group, if i remember correctly. my status hasn't changed either. my guess is that we will be considered in march. my interviewer told me they were pushed back because of MLK jr. day (they meet mondays i believe).
peace out,
cashflow

I guess they did push us back to the march offers, but didnt they say we would be considered with the february offers?

Originally posted by cashmoney
for those, who were accepted, what day did you interview? st85, i also interviewed on 2/11. There were 8 total people in our group, if i remember correctly. my status hasn't changed either. my guess is that we will be considered in march. my interviewer told me they were pushed back because of MLK jr. day (they meet mondays i believe).
peace out,
cashflow

I interviewed on 1/14.

actually yah, that fourth year med student said that we would be considered in Feb. but i don't think he knows what he's talking about. also, i called and they said that they will meet again next monday but offers will only be given out in march.
-cash

I interviewed on Feb 2, and just got a notice that my file was reviewed and put on hold... Looks like the last week of jan was the deadline to be considered in the last offers =\

There may still be hope. I interviewed there on Monday and they stated that they usually review everyone the Monday following their interview. However, they had the Martin Luther holiday and then a snow day the following week so they are a bit behind. They should send an e-mail to you stating whether you are rejected, accepted or are still considered which means you will have to wait until about the third week in March to find out.

Herp

I interviewed at MCV on 12/9, and heard on 2/17 that I was accepted!! According to their website their last round of acceptances were on 2/16, and they would not put out anymore acceptances until March 15th. Good luck everyone!! I sure you will all do fine.

I also was interview on 12/9. I have a hold as my status. I hope that March is the month for me. :confused:

Originally posted by xoomn
I also was interview on 12/9. I have a hold as my status. I hope that March is the month for me. :confused:

ditto.

That is really funny that three of us interviewed on the same day. there was a bunch of us interviewing that day. Hope you hear soon, or at least get into another medical school is MCV doesn't work out.

Yalie grad, I totally remember who you were....the girl with short black hair and a black coat. Are you planning on going to mcv?

Yes that is me!! That is very funny you remember me. Who were you again? I can remember a couple people from that interview day.

Anyway, right now I have put down a deposit at MCV, not sure if I am going yet or not. I loved the program and the facilities are amazing, I think it will be a great place to go to school. I am however still waiting to hear from three other schools I interviewed at UNC, ECU and GW. I was also accepted to USUHS which I have already declined. Is MCV your first choice?

I got a message today that my application status was updated and when I checked (knowing that the adcom met yesterday) I was expecting a decision, but it was just a request to fill out some feedback survey about their interview. Did anyone else get this? If so, how long afterwards did you get their deciision?

I got a message today that my application status was updated and when I checked (knowing that the adcom met yesterday) I was expecting a decision, but it was just a request to fill out some feedback survey about their interview. Did anyone else get this? If so, how long afterwards did you get their deciision?

Yeah.. I get the feeling that they're a llittle behind - your status page becomes updated to let you know if you are on hold until the next date offers are given out, or if your application won't be pursued any further. Your file probably wasn't reviewed yet, but the next set of offers aren't until March 15th, so you're not missing out on much...

I can't believe they are still sending out this survey status change notice without putting something on the email to let you know NOT to get excited. I remember years ago getting the status change, getting excited and then disappointed because it was that darn survey.:rolleyes: