MCW Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spirog

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright MCW needs another thread. This time, it's us '12-ers. Anyone else up in this class yet?

Members don't see this ad.

2nd post! MCW is becoming epic on these forums. Please feel free to ask any and all questions on here, as MCW has quite a few M1's through M4's that post on these boards. Also, consider taking a breeze through the early parts of the old class threads for answers to commonly asked questions (after about the 5th page they generally degenerate into nonsense, though).

Third post!

Let the hijacking begin.

Oh, yeah, and welcome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I can't believe it's already that time. A few of the people posting in here might be doing some interviewing, and I'll probably be doing some of the tours, so hopefully we'll have some good input for you guys.

Holy crap I feel so old.

Welcome to MCW!!!!

(extra exclamation points just for Xandie)

Hey, didn't the M1's have their first exam today?

2012? That isn't a real number. You should have just said a bazillion!

I have an important announcement...

1 week until International Talk Like a Pirate Day! :D

Carry on.

the high on friday will be 58 degrees. It is over. I hate winter.

the high on friday will be 58 degrees. It is over. I hate winter.

At least it'll be in the mid-70s next week. Summer hasn't completely given in.

But I admit, I wore a sweater today and thought about a winter coat. And I'm from a bit farther North.

Well since we're nowhere near on topic, its 77 in Philadelphia where I'm at. Suck it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally I'm glad it's cooling off. This 70+ temperature crap drives me nuts. I'll take cooler weather (and rain) any day.

It makes for riding my bike not too incredibly enjoyable when I actually have free time.

yeah, 55 degrees with 20 mph on the bike makes for cold hands.

edit: Tomorrow night's low: 39 degrees! hah, ugg.

any of you doing interviews on friday?

yeah, 55 degrees with 20 mph on the bike makes for cold hands.

edit: Tomorrow night's low: 39 degrees! hah, ugg.

Most definitely. Especially if it doesn't feel cold when you go out initially then the wind picks up.

I'll be in the hospital all night tomorrow, so I won't be able to enjoy the cold weather from my apt. =( Maybe the cold will keep all the people who are preggers from coming into the hospital, but I doubt it.

Most definitely. Especially if it doesn't feel cold when you go out initially then the wind picks up.

I'll be in the hospital all night tomorrow, so I won't be able to enjoy the cold weather from my apt. =( Maybe the cold will keep all the people who are preggers from coming into the hospital, but I doubt it.

I appreciate that you are using the more all-inclusive, politically correct term of "people who are preggers" rather than the more gendertyped/stereotypical "women who are preggers." Thanks!

I appreciate that you are using the more all-inclusive, politically correct term of "people who are preggers" rather than the more gendertyped/stereotypical "women who are preggers." Thanks!

nothin can deter a pregger

I'm just hoping the Packer game on Sunday will keep the preggos at home while I'm on call this weekend. There will probably be a rush of admissions after the game ends.

I just found this one. April, I do *not* appreciate those exclamation points. I'm going to bring my English degree to school and beat you to death with it. That is all.

Why wait for the fifth page for the hijacking/nonsense to begin? On belay!

I just found this one. April, I do *not* appreciate those exclamation points. I'm going to bring my English degree to school and beat you to death with it. That is all.

Why wait for the fifth page for the hijacking/nonsense to begin? On belay!

Belay on!

I think it was maybe 3rd post hijacking.

Is you degree framed in wood?

No, I'm not quite *that* pretentious. Plus, unlike a lot of college degrees, it's little, like my high school diploma, about half a page. So it would just look silly.

Besides, I pack a mean punch! Watch out for us leprichauns.

This one hasn't had a post for a while... anyone interview here last week?

to all the newcomers.....

go back!!!!!!!! before it's too late!!!!!!!!!!!!! take up painting, professional magician....anything!!!!

to all the newcomers.....

go back!!!!!!!! before it's too late!!!!!!!!!!!!! take up painting, professional magician....anything!!!!

You may want to listen to him... he's on medicine. I'm on family med, so it's like I'm on vacation. By the time I get to medicine, it'll be too late for most of you.

I interviewed last week. I really want to go here so I am incredibly nervous about getting the decision letter next week.

I took the information that you guys gave me about the M2 lectures and attended the Micro class. To the guy that showed up to read his path book during the cancelled class period - thank you for sharing your insight with me. I completely forgot to ask for your e-mail to send a thank-you.

Well... I hope I get to go to MCW! Only a couple days left before I know.

I interviewed last week. I really want to go here so I am incredibly nervous about getting the decision letter next week.

I took the information that you guys gave me about the M2 lectures and attended the Micro class. To the guy that showed up to read his path book during the cancelled class period - thank you for sharing your insight with me. I completely forgot to ask for your e-mail to send a thank-you.

Well... I hope I get to go to MCW! Only a couple days left before I know.

Good luck!

Decision letters were mailed Friday. Any good news yet?

I got the gold seal letter! :)

Now it is time to withdraw from my other schools!

Anyone else excited about going to MCW next year?

Congratulations!!!

I'm more excited about going here next year than this year.

Sweet, congrats. You may never meet donnyfire and Xandie, and the rest of us will be rocking our clinical rotations, but we'll just tell you we'll see you around. ;)

Sweet, congrats. You may never meet donnyfire and Xandie, and the rest of us will be rocking our clinical rotations, but we'll just tell you we'll see you around. ;)

I haven't seen any M1 sdners, and I still am not sure who indo is. I want to figure out who the new 08er (achybrachy) is too.

Oh yes, and congrats supar! =)

Don may still be around... :)

And Ash, I have no idea on that one. I'm curious as all get out though.

I haven't seen any M1 sdners, and I still am not sure who indo is. I want to figure out who the new 08er (achybrachy) is too.

I don't think it would be too tough to figure out who I am if you had nothing better to do and read all my posts. I'll give you a hint... the name refers to brachytherapy. Oh but then you're an M3, so we've probably never met.

Congrats!!!

Don may still be around... :)

And Ash, I have no idea on that one. I'm curious as all get out though.

You aren't going to rank MCW high on your list?

I don't think it would be too tough to figure out who I am if you had nothing better to do and read all my posts. I'll give you a hint... the name refers to brachytherapy. Oh but then you're an M3, so we've probably never met.

Old posts, eh? Rad onc? I'm not sure that I know anyone from your class for rad onc. I know Anderson, but he's the only one I've known go into it.

I like the post in the PBL thread.

Ash, I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate me. What I will say is that my application pool consists of schools in Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania... and then MCW.

Oh yeah, and congrats to those accepted.

I seem to remember not getting my acceptance letter relatively soon after my interview, so hopefully the rest of you won't have to wait too long.

Ash, I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate me. What I will say is that my application pool consists of schools in Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania... and then MCW.

Ok ok. When I apply, I will have lots of warmer places, the places my dad makes me apply, and MCW.

Old posts, eh? Rad onc? I'm not sure that I know anyone from your class for rad onc. I know Anderson, but he's the only one I've known go into it.
Yeah, he's from the year ahead of me. There are only two of us going into rad-onc from my year and the other transferred here after finishing PhD work so many in my class don't even know her.

Yeah, he's from the year ahead of me. There are only two of us going into rad-onc from my year and the other transferred here after finishing PhD work so many in my class don't even know her.

Oh wow. Yeah, Anderson and I figured out that there was no way he'd be my intern this year since he'll be done with general wards by the time I have medicine.

I talked to someone from you guys' class who's graduating with your class but matching with mine. (Just as a random side note for people being in different classes).

See, but the surprising thing is that I don't know who you are! And I'm me!!!

Are you talking about Michelle? I've lost a little bit of the class pulse since fourth year... I'm not even sure where David is.

See, but the surprising thing is that I don't know who you are! And I'm me!!!

Are you talking about Michelle? I've lost a little bit of the class pulse since fourth year... I'm not even sure where David is.

I still haven't even heard of David sightings in the M3 class.