MCW email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarolinaGirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got this email from Med. Col. Wisc. I did not apply there and my mcat was not really that good. Does anyone know do they just randomly send out emails like this?

The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) recently received, from the AAMC, your MCAT results from the 2007 winter/spring test date. We are very pleased that you are considering pursuing a medical education.

Is this just a way they get more people to apply?

Members don't see this ad.

So I got this email from Med. Col. Wisc. I did not apply there and my mcat was not really that good. Does anyone know do they just randomly send out emails like this?

The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) recently received, from the AAMC, your MCAT results from the 2007 winter/spring test date. We are very pleased that you are considering pursuing a medical education.

Is this just a way they get more people to apply?

Could be. I haven't heard of that email before. I got lots of snail maili things from DO/podiatry schools when I was applying.

Anyway, if you're interested in MCW, I've heard an 8 in any subject is a red flag.

yea, i got the same email today as well but i didnt do so hot on the mcat either relative to their avg score of a 30....so i dunno wat to make of the email, they probably just want more ppl to apply if anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure that the Email Address is actually theirs, or is it a close variation? Watch out for those darned internet schemes... </paranoid>

Anyway, if you're interested in MCW, I've heard an 8 in any subject is a red flag.

But it may not be the end-all, be-all...I got accepted to MCW with a VR=8.

That being said, I strongly suggest to all of my friends (or anyone for that matter) that they apply to MCW...great school, great people, great program...downsides = $$$ and WI winters.

That being said, I strongly suggest to all of my friends (or anyone for that matter) that they apply to MCW...great school, great people, great program...downsides = $$$ and WI winters.

agreed. MCW is a good place to be. My favorite part about it is the people, and I think that shows they do an excellent job of managing/accepting applicants. I also got in with a PS=8 (27 overall). I spoke with the head of admissions when I originally applied, and he said something to the effect that an 8 or lower on any section means that they take bit of a closer look at your application before offering an interview, but it's definitely not a automatic rejection or anything. Very shortly after talking to him about this, I got an interview invite, so expressing your genuine interest when applying probably doesn't hurt, either.

The other best thing about MCW is the great ladies that work in the bookstore. If you ever need to find me, that's probably where I'm at if not on the wards or sleeping.

I got accepted there with VR=6. Just did decently on the interviews... it will be fine. :luck: