MCW --Finished with Interview Invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeMN65

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea as to whether or not MCW is finished with interview invites? I received the "smaller pool" email at the end of October and have not heard anything since then. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Give the admissions office a call. I got the smaller pool email in oct and an invite in Nov. When I call them to schedule the interview, the earliest date is late Jan. Their interview schedule seemed to be packed.

i schedule an interview today. they had openings for two dates in feb, and some spots actually opened up in the very near future (jan 11th i think). so, there are still some spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
i schedule an interview today. they had openings for two dates in feb, and some spots actually opened up in the very near future (jan 11th i think). so, there are still some spots.

i got an invitation yesterday for feb.

I received that e-mail October 29, but still haven't heard anything. Since it sounds like they aren't handing out many more invites, do you think there's no hope? I called the office for a status check, but the lady just told me when i'd been complete since, and said I should hear something in "4-6 weeks." I didn't say I had received that "smaller pool" email earlier. Do you think I should send an e-mail or something?

Hi orange712, I received the smaller pool email on the same day as you and haven't heard anything. I called today and was told the same "4-6 weeks." I proceeded to ask if they had given out all of their interview invites already, and all she said was "no, we interview through March." So, perhaps there is still a small ounce of hope, although, I would assume that an interview that late would be for the alternate list only?

I got that smaller pool email as well, but haven't heard anything since.

I called in early December and got the same 4-6 weeks thing but I haven't heard.

As long as they're still interviewing...there's a glimmer of hope for me.

I did send in a lengthy update letter/letter of interest shortly after receiving the "smaller pools" email. That may have tipped the scales?

Are you guys who got that "smaller pool" email considering writing a letter of interest/intent?

I wrote one as well, but I'd suppose mine wasn't as lengthy.

Still waiting for that first interview invite...

I did send in a lengthy update letter/letter of interest shortly after receiving the "smaller pools" email. That may have tipped the scales?
I never sent a letter of interest/update. But I still got an interview invite after receiving the "smaller pool" email. So, it probably doesn't make any difference if you send one or not.

im in the same boat as SCRdoc